Quantcast

I hate these posts too, but what would you do?

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
Here are my choices:

Duncon Akita with a sweet blingy build using my old fork and wheelset (for now). Would be ready to go and I could ride it at raysmtb this winter. total for the build $1135

OR

Used Bottlerocket frame with e13 reducers, thomson seatpost and crankset (cant remember but it is a good one) shipped for $1200. I would need to get a new fork and wheelset and it would be ready to go by summer. I'd have to skimp a bit on the parts for this guy. This price seems a bit high, I offered the seller $1000 shipped for the frame with shock only. That still seems high for a used frame though.

rmb_mike

Chimp
Sep 18, 2007
Used Bottlerocket frame with e13 reducers, thomson seatpost and crankset (cant remember but it is a good one) shipped for $1200. I would need to get a new fork and wheelset and it would be ready to go by summer. I'd have to skimp a bit on the parts for this guy. This price seems a bit high, I offered the seller $1000 shipped for the frame with shock only. That still seems high for a used frame though.
You might have no choice there, dude. I've been looking all dang weekend for a used complete Bottlerocket for sale, or even a frame. No luck. The classifieds here have very few of them and MTBR has none. Unfortunately, that seems to be a very popular bike these days.
I was about to say that the dude that wants 1200 for that frame is nuts, as a new one with a shock is $1322, but if his includes a crankset, that still might be a good deal. If I could find a complete used Bottlerocket for 17 or 1800, I'd be on it like stink on poop.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
i own a bottlerocket and I am one of those guys who likes to swap out bikes just to try them...not with this one though, people will hold onto these bikes. Pony up and get a new one!

_Bill

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
What size do you need?
I know fanatick bike shop in bellingham was closing out all of their Transitions.
My friend scored a frame for $850, only catch is they have size small, and thats it.
If the still have any, I could see what I could do about putting you in touch with the owner.
If you pay shipping I dont see why he wouldn't hook you up.

As for the decision between the two bikes, definitly the bottlerocket.
They are such a fun bike to ride.
Spend a little more dough, and wait till next summer, and you will have a bike you can still be enjoying 4seasons from now.
Plus, if you start with a solid, adaptable frame like that, there is always room for component uprgrades.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Bottlerocket for sure. For that price though I'd Save up a little more and get one new . My friend has one and loves it. I took his for a little test run, and can say.... "They rail in tight stuff."