Quantcast

I hate...

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Just wiped my entire box and reinstalled from the ground up for the 2nd time in a year (Spyware issues caused by the cleaning crew...yes...lesson learned the 2nd time...passwords out the ass now...antivirus software sanctioned by corporate that slows my PC down to prehistoric levels...etc...no access to my office after hours to anyone. Anymore. Period.)....

So I get these "Upgrades"....8.0, freeflow 6.0...etc...

Now my freakin' printer is all fubar'd with 8.0 but 6.0 works fine....so half my day has been on the phone trying to tell our vendor that their sh*t is f*cked...and to fix it asap. I don't care if I have to revert to 5.2. Just fix it. (It's their box, so I start to void sh*t if I screw with it too much.)

UGH!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What do you do for work?

Be glad you don't work with 3-4 difference CAD programs and about 600gigs of CAD files in about 800 different main directories.....

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
What do you do for work?

Be glad you don't work with 3-4 difference CAD programs and about 600gigs of CAD files in about 800 different main directories.....
I run a production department with digital color machines, digital b&w production printers and a slew of satellite sh*t that people seem to have wanton disregard for...on any given day I go through enough paper to keep Weyerhaeuser in business.

And Acrobat 8.1 doesn't work either....it got rid of a few of the "offending commands"...but not all....great...just f*cking great. Now I have to rely on the vendors' software people to do their job...which, judging by recent history, isn't going to get the job done. Great.

Guess I'm going old school for a time....ducky.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
*UPDATE*

So on Monday morning, I informed our technician that uninstalling Adobe Acrobat 8 and Makeready 6 would be the best thing to do. Replace it with Adobe Acrobat 7 and Makeready 5. I've already sent the folder of files that create the errors to their software people (who have reproduced the exact errors I have experienced without exception) so that they can work on fixes.

But no. Our tech decides that he's going to "work through" the problem and "wrap his head around what is going on". Mind you, I've shown him, told him, given him samples, and just about done everything short of holding his hand.

So, lo and behold, today, after being on the phone with his people and tying up my PC for 4 f*cking hours (on top of the 2 hours Monday and the 3 hours yesterday), he says that we're going to revert back to the versions of software that were the last known workable solution.

What's that?!? You're going to do what I said you should've done 3 freakin' days ago.... Brilliant.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Oh god....

That's what I need....something open source to dump my already screwed sh*t into...then prolly have the drivers take even more of a dump on me....

Nice try... :busted:

:D :D :D
Works for me. But I have Ubuntu desktop at home.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
What's that?!? You're going to do what I said you should've done 3 freakin' days ago.... Brilliant.
what an idiot.

Why don't people realize that computers are nothing but a resource. They don't have to be pretty or cutting edge, they just have to do the job consistently and reliably.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
what an idiot.

Why don't people realize that computers are nothing but a resource. They don't have to be pretty or cutting edge, they just have to do the job consistently and reliably.
FVCK YEAH!!!