Quantcast

I have a job interview thursday for something that I don't know how to do

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Six sigma is just a stupid corporate lingo for a quality system that uses statistics and other tools that you probably know.
ooooohhh soooo wrong..... clear indicator that you dont know what six sigma is.... it involves statistics, yes, but you are off in your explanation... sorry.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Six sigma was a clueless statistical quality control program in the eighties - it was popular when American manufacturing, suffering from penis envy with respect to Japan, was getting "lean and mean" while self-destructing. :disgust1:
wrong again.... i must disagree...

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
umm... care to enlighten the rest of us who apparently have no idea what it is or are you going to keep it as your little secret?

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
also, Laura, if you need to be familiarized with 6Sigma for this interview try getting familiar with the DMAIC process, and the most basic statistic tools (ANOVA, control charts, run charts, cause & effect diagrams, yadda yadda... )

unless they are specifically asking for a Green Belt or Black Belt, thats a lot more than what they will ask about in the interview.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
"Six Sigma is a set of practices originally developed by Motorola to systematically improve processes by eliminating defects. A defect is defined as nonconformity of a product or service to its specifications."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Sigma

I spent a bunch of time in Phoenix encouraging Motorola to reduce defects in certain high current rectifiers...
I live next door to one of the engineers who is probably responsible for the problem rectifiers...He's an electrical engineer who couldn't trouble shoot a bad breaker in the breaker panel of his house without help.