Quantcast

I have missed dirt. (ride pics)

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Finally got out on the bike today, first time on dirt since last October. I felt very rusty for a good part of the day, so many little things to remember. I could have sworn I was not looking ahead, but the pictures say otherwise. Riding the hardtail made for a great sketchy day of riding. We had every condition of riding today mud/snow all the way to dusty. We could not ride the top section of trail due to snow.

Enough chat, time for pictures of me and my teammate Alec.

Thank you Max for taking pictures.

Alec

Me

Of course you need pictures of flying dirt.

I put a decent sequence together of one of the corners.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I was out with a broken arm from October-mid January. Way to much snow to ride here went from January to March with almost two feet of settled snow on the ground. It was a very unusual yaer.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
It is the old Transfer trail that comes down by the Glenwood tram(sucks you can't ride the tram anymore). The trail is a blast, nothing to crazy but the small square rocks make traction very limited. Your tires are always getting deflected around.

Yes I am riding a GT moto. I bought the bike for a killer deal off a friend with the intention to upgrade the frame I just never have.

Netwelle PM me if you want to get out and ride.

sperkins

Monkey
Feb 26, 2008
nice pics! you don't look rusty at all! the 2nd pic looks like it should be the cover of some bike magazine.

NY_Star

Turbo Monkey
It is the old Transfer trail that comes down by the Glenwood tram(sucks you can't ride the tram anymore). The trail is a blast, nothing to crazy but the small square rocks make traction very limited. Your tires are always getting deflected around.

Yes I am riding a GT moto. I bought the bike for a killer deal off a friend with the intention to upgrade the frame I just never have.

Netwelle PM me if you want to get out and ride.
I have a moto too. I like it. It is a little long but it is great for DS

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
Glenwood Springs! Wow there. How do you access that? I've looked up at that hill a dozen times while in town or having my car serviced at Elk Mountain Motors and thought that it looked like a good ride, but have never seen anyone actually do it.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
It is cool what you can find if you take the time to explore backroads. One of the reasons I love my Jeep, it is a great trail finder. That and Google Earth