Quantcast

I haven't been on teh monkey in years, but.....

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
So I haven't posted or even lurked in years but I know ride monkey is loaded with knowledgeable a$$holes so I figured why not ask away here.

My friend (17) was working somewhere for the past 6 months legally in new york. Today he was let go because there is a "new rule" that no minors can work at this fine establishment that will be left un-named. Is this legal at all?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
So I haven't posted or even lurked in years but I know ride monkey is loaded with knowledgeable a$$holes so I figured why not ask away here.

My friend (17) was working somewhere for the past 6 months legally in new york. Today he was let go because there is a "new rule" that no minors can work at this fine establishment that will be left un-named. Is this legal at all?
Was it a brothel?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Is it an at-will state? Because that is what determines everything.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
You might try the NY Department of Labor rather than starting a trollfest/flame war with a bunch of assholes on a bike site.

If it's at-will like Joker wondered, they don't need a reason to fire your bro (unless it's based on race or something else that is protected). Also, there are usually limitations on hours minors can work while school is in session and things like that, so the given reason may be legit.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I love how the guests are treated around here- always good for a chuckle.

iandude94

Monkey
May 30, 2008
OC, NY
Im not actually going to take any action, I was just wondering. This was only mildly entertaining, quite disappointed. I was expecting moar hate.