Quantcast

I *heart* tracking

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bomberz1qr20 said:
There's a reason companies love Dell so much - the mobos won't let dumbass employees fry their machines.

But you'd know better than to do that, right?
Ha, I would never touch my work computer..... *whistling*

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Yeah - I certainly outrank you with that one lame thread. :rolleyes: You do read your posts right???

Have you read my spelling mistakes? Obviously I don't.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bomberz1qr20 said:
( - = oW3Nd = - )
:D

So what are you running right now?
all my stuff will be here today except for the heatsink. Any suggestions?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Oct 19, 2004 1:50 pm

Delivered

PINE BUSH NY

I can't wait to get home!!!!!!!!!

J

JRB

stosh said:
Have you read my spelling mistakes? Obviously I don't.....

It's not the grammar that gives it away. It is the amount of STUPID content.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
aye, got the plextor. can't beat it w/ the rebate. and i've had good luck w/ the two plextor external drives i've had for about 4 years or so.

also got a printer (canon i900) and a PCI card to upgrade my USB to 2.0; newegg does own me. :(

BTW this is what I got

DVR|PIONEER DVR-108 DVD+/-RW% BG
$78.00

*DVD|TOSHIBA 16X SD-M1712 OEM %
$21.00

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
It's not the grammar that gives it away. It is the amount of STUPID content.
Dude, you posted a thread about COW TRAILERS???????????

J

JRB

stosh said:
Dude, you posted a thread about COW TRAILERS???????????
I should do that again. Me and Cooter had quite the time with that. Maybe heavy machinery next.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
why'd you go w/ two different DVD drives? does the burner also burn cdrs?
yes and the ROM drive was $21

burner =
Write Speed: DVD+R DL 4X,16X DVD+R, 4X DVD+RW, 16X DVD-R,4X DVD-RW, 32X CD-R, 24X CD-RW

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey loco, you ever get the feeling that you are annoying? just checking.

stosh/bomber, can you burn on the fly from drive to drive OK w/o making coasters? i've usually always burned from my hard drive.

i can't wait for the DVD burner...archiving mp3s is gonna be a lot easier.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
hey loco, you ever get the feeling that you are annoying? just checking.

stosh/bomber, can you burn on the fly from drive to drive OK w/o making coasters? i've usually always burned from my hard drive.

i can't wait for the DVD burner...archiving mp3s is gonna be a lot easier.
This will be my first DVD burner but I don't see why not, same technology as CD's different formatt.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
true, as long as yr buffer size is large enough to handle, i guess it would be OK; it's boggling to think that some CDRs are up to 52x speeds... when i got mine, 8x was tops.

i've always just dumped to the HD though, out of habit.

J

JRB

narlus said:

I used to not want to do that, but it speeds things up and is easy enough to clean up. Plenty of space on most machines anyway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
true, as long as yr buffer size is large enough to handle, i guess it would be OK; it's boggling to think that some CDRs are up to 52x speeds... when i got mine, 8x was tops.

I remember when it was amazing to think that a video card could get up 128.

Also check out Belkin.com use 12345 and get 50% off any non-sale/clearance items.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
narlus said:

Ahh..

Most burning software lets you set a max ram buffer. I use Nero and It let's you set aside like 50% of system ram up to 80mb.

52x cd burning is scary, my cheap Lite-On drive sounds like a turbine engine at that speed.

A 4 minute burn is really nice though.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bomberz1qr20 said:
Ahh..

Most burning software lets you set a max ram buffer. I use Nero and It let's you set aside like 50% of system ram up to 80mb.

52x cd burning is scary, my cheap Lite-On drive sounds like a turbine engine at that speed.

A 4 minute burn is really nice though.
Um.... did you buy nero?

I really want that program I used to have the free version.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I still *heart* tracking!!!

Oct 22, 2004 9:01 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

NEWBURGH, NY

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
newegg ain't cuttin' it for me, tracking-wise. the only thing i've seen so far from the order status and fedex #s is a cable i ordered, and then yesterday i get my PCI card. still no clue about the printer and DVD drive...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
newegg ain't cuttin' it for me, tracking-wise. the only thing i've seen so far from the order status and fedex #s is a cable i ordered, and then yesterday i get my PCI card. still no clue about the printer and DVD drive...
can you elaborate a bit?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
when i log in, there's a place to check order status. all it says is that my order is at stage 2 (ie, "Order has been successfully charged. Additional address verification will be performed as needed. Please allow 1-2 business days before shipping. No Change orders will be allowed at this time.").

i did receive an email which has the tracking of part of my order (the USB cable), but no info on the other stuff i ordered, one of which i received yesterday.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
when i log in, there's a place to check order status. all it says is that my order is at stage 2 (ie, "Order has been successfully charged. Additional address verification will be performed as needed. Please allow 1-2 business days before shipping. No Change orders will be allowed at this time.").

i did receive an email which has the tracking of part of my order (the USB cable), but no info on the other stuff i ordered, one of which i received yesterday.
Ok so did you get everything but your USB cord already?

Well the stuff for me all came within 3 working days from my order and I recieved tracking on all of it.

J

JRB

I got part of an order from Clif (really a co called consumerlink that sells Clif stuff) and all of it was there but some clif shots and some jerseys. I called and they were super cool. They sent the shots, plus some, but the jerseys were back ordered. I waited 5 weeks and called back. They said they were still back ordered, but I got them 3 days later. They paid freight that time. Definitely worth waiting for. 2 jerseys for $70, with a full zipper from Sugoi. Not really related, but the moral to the story is, call if you have problems.

J

JRB

narlus said:
no, still waiting on the printer and drive. so for all i know, it could be coming in 4 different shipments.

I hate that crap.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
loco-gringo said:
Not really related, but the moral to the story is, call if you have problems.
well it's not really a big deal yet as i just ordered the stuff on tuesday or so. but, it would be nice to have it for the weekend so i can set up everything. just weird that i got info on one part of the shipment and not the others. i've had good luck w/ newegg before.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
narlus said:
well it's not really a big deal yet as i just ordered the stuff on tuesday or so. but, it would be nice to have it for the weekend so i can set up everything. just weird that i got info on one part of the shipment and not the others. i've had good luck w/ newegg before.
yeah they ship from different warehouses all over the place. If one is close to your location they stall the order by a day or 2. I think.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
I hate that crap.
Well the parts of my xterra are going on a week and my CC still hasn't been charged. I ordered the heatsink same time as the rest from another company, still not here... coming monday.

I was very happy with newegg.

J

JRB

narlus said:
just weird that i got info on one part of the shipment and not the others. i've had good luck w/ newegg before.

Almost ordered a preview monitor for an Epson printer from them a few weeks ago, but Circuit City was like $30 cheaper. :confused: Not sure why.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
Almost ordered a preview monitor for an Epson printer from them a few weeks ago, but Circuit City was like $30 cheaper. :confused: Not sure why.
Thats odd... Best Buy and Circuit CIty always seem to be a lot more expensive...

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
stosh said:
Thats odd... Best Buy and Circuit CIty always seem to be a lot more expensive...
Newegg is generally way cheaper, but occasionally the stores (compUSA, Best Buy, etc,) will have some good spot deals or rebates.

I've got some free shipping stuff from ebuyer.com, and they are dirt cheap. No tax to CA either. Takes like a week or more to get the stuff though. Really cheap if you don't need it right away.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
narlus said:
no, still waiting on the printer and drive. so for all i know, it could be coming in 4 different shipments.
Drop shipments. You get stuff from various warehouses depending on where/what it is.

I've ordered music gear online and it happens all the time. I got an order for 24 pairs sticks that came from 2 different places.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
bomberz1qr20 said:
Newegg is generally way cheaper, but occasionally the stores (compUSA, Best Buy, etc,) will have some good spot deals or rebates.

I've got some free shipping stuff from ebuyer.com, and they are dirt cheap. No tax to CA either. Takes like a week or more to get the stuff though. Really cheap if you don't need it right away.
think they sell heatsinks at Best BUy?