Quantcast

I just can't corner as hard with the leatt.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Ok, so I don't want to bash on the product, I just wanted to put out a fair warning that some helmets just don't work particularly well with the brace. I have an Azonic moto helmet which I will be the first to admit is one of the largest helmets on the market. I had planned to replace it soon, but the timetable is being moved up because of this discovery.

Anyway, I got the brace for xmas, and I had been riding moto all spring with it and didn't even notice it, so when dh season started I brought it along. I felt a bit of interference when I was riding, even with the spacers flipped around and the rear deck in the lowest position, but I figured a few mm wasn't going to make much of a difference. Very wrong.

I got back from racing the other day where I had just felt a little slow and awkward through corners and decided I was going to do some berm workouts this week. I went out on my street bike with the open face (and no brace obviously) and I was instantly more comfortable getting over the front of the bike, leaning hard and looking through turns.

With my setup on the dh rig, I definitely can't get my head tilted far enough back to "assume the position."

If anybody can suggest a helmet combo that does work (preferably something dot/snell) and knows of a good deal let me know cause I'm in the market.

That is all.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-14/ad-6507/

Done and done. I had great success with this helmet and my leatt. Not this exact one but the same helmet, 661 flight logo.

Learn to drop your shoulders a bit and keep your head a little more parallel to the ground like you were riding a motorcycle. I did this and I had a lot more movement as was able to look through the corners.

I have since switched to the D2 as I had one already and I have my RUFUSDESIGN logo's and info on it. I put a lot of work into it so I will be running it all year instead of the 661.

I know that the TLD moto helmets work pretty well but they are $$$.

edit: I wear a LG but had to wear an XL for the 661.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
http://www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/cat-14/ad-6507/

Done and done. I had great success with this helmet and my leatt. Not this exact one but the same helmet, 661 flight logo.

Learn to drop your shoulders a bit and keep your head a little more parallel to the ground like you were riding a motorcycle. I did this and I had a lot more movement as was able to look through the corners.

I have since switched to the D2 as I had one already and I have my RUFUSDESIGN logo's and info on it. I put a lot of work into it so I will be running it all year instead of the 661.

I know that the TLD moto helmets work pretty well but they are $$$.

edit: I wear a LG but had to wear an XL for the 661.
Are the spacers in your brace flipped? i have the Flight hex in a large and i cant even comfortably ride around the street without it constantly touching. I DID NOT flip my spacers but it seems with this helmet that even the little amount wont be nearly enough. If i cant ride my DJ with 3 inch rise bars in the street, how do i ride flat bars on a hill? :wacko: