Quantcast

I just moved to San Diego...any Downhill here????

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I don't know a lot of places to ride because I'm a relative newbie as well but anderson truck trail is great if you don't mind fireroad climbs and loose rocky descents. Noble canyon is a fun ride although it's a long climb if you don't shuttle, something like 7 miles and what seems like more than 3000'. I know bicycle warehouse does group rides, stop by and check out the shop and get a ride schedule, they do a tri canyon ride that starts and ends at the shop that I've never done but they say it's got a bit of everything. I've also heard people say morena is fun and san juan but I'm not too sure where they are. There is a book called mountain biking san diego or something like that which is pretty darn good, so far I've found a copy at every public library I've been to in the area. We drove up to Palomar a few weekends ago and I'm certain there's at least one shuttle out there if you can find it.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Aquaholic said:
Get ahold of Heckler Mark(aka SDMBAMark), he shuttles Noble Canyon all the time.
How soon is Mark moving? I saw his truck next to your Jeep yesterday, hopefully I'll get my shock back from Progressive again this week and be able to ride again next week.

Don't ride Noble Canyon: this guy on a Turner keeps moving the rocks we place to smooth out the bad parts and the State Parks haven't approved my application for a Chairlift Concession. It will be a license to print money, baby! :monkey:

Depending what you mean by "downhill" there's either a few places or quite a bit and both kinds of riders here with plenty of trails to possibly reveal. Noble Canyon, in my mind, is NOT a DH trail, though. If you show up with 7" of travel and full armor, it's stupid. Just bring your hardtail and walk the hard stuff, like I do. :thumb:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
PM me for some info on local spots. There are a few; some 'trailrides' and some 'real DH,' for lack of a better term.

MD

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'd like to ride somewhere locally on Sat. if anyone's down. Either here in SD or maybe all the way up to OC...