Quantcast

I just spilled coffee on my shirt and tie - man I hate.....

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
MMcG said:
when that happens! And to top it off I spilled it while taking a sip. I guess that means I have a drinking problem huh? ;)
Was it hot? Were you scalded?
Is there anyone you can sue over this?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I tried to cut out coffe, but found i just replaced it with cups full of cocaine, so i decided coffee was less expensive, and didnt freak out my co workers.....

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
SkaredShtles said:
Shirt and tie?!? WTF? :confused:
Yeah, some people have to work in a shirt and tie at their job so they can earn enough money to afford things like cable television.
The shirts and ties balance out the stinky hippies so there is balance in the universe.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Jeremy R said:
"My bi-cycle conquers quagmire and boardwalk alike,
and those who doubt me, suck #@$* by
choice." - Deadwood
Hahaha...Is this from the second season?

And there will be a fourth season of the Wire.

TV is good at certain times of the year.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Jeremy R said:
Yeah, some people have to work in a shirt and tie at their job so they can earn enough money to afford things like cable television.
The shirts and ties balance out the stinky hippies so there is balance in the universe.
I'm no hippy, but it's shorts & t's here.
And a lab coat. People here must love my hairy ass cut up legs hanging out below my knee-length lab coat.

Oh, and I have cable, but there's never anything on it......:cool:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
stevew said:
Hahaha...Is this from the second season?

And there will be a fourth season of the Wire.

TV is good at certain times of the year.
Yes, and the second season was awesome.
And I really hope there is a 4th season of The Wire.
I only REALLY got into it last season and it was great.

Oops sorry. I am talking about cable when we should be talking about coffee.
So, did you spill "$hitty workplace" coffee on your tie, or did you spill the goods.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
My best ever coffee moment...

I have a small shelf that runs over my monitors on my desk. I keep a few paper clips handy on the edge of the shelf.

Well, after grabbing one or two to put some files together, I didn't notice that a clip had fallen into my fresh cup of coffee on my desk.

I left my desk for about ten minutes, just enough time for the coffee to be the perfect chugging temperature.

I sat down and took a huge swig. That's when the bent up paper clip hit the back of my throat.

The result? Spewed coffee (w/ cream and sugar) all over my monitors, keyboard, mouse, files, shirt, lap, etc.

I keep the clips in a drawer a few feet away from my desk now.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Much worse story about a shirt today: I was watching my 1 year old nephew, and I put him on the couch so I could take off my work shirt so he wouldn't drool on it. I turn around, he rolls off the couch, and he is crying for 10 minutes from the 12 inch fall.

I still feel lousy about it...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
sanjuro said:
Much worse story about a shirt today: I was watching my 1 year old nephew, and I put him on the couch so I could take off my work shirt so he wouldn't drool on it. I turn around, he rolls off the couch, and he is crying for 10 minutes from the 12 inch fall.

Kids fall all the time, don't sweat it.

Oh wait, you put him on the COUCH!!!!

MONSTER!! :angry: :angry:

;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My sister mentioned he fell out her bed recently, which is a higher drop, but the other reason why I feel horrible is there was nothing I could do. His mother immediately took over, leaving me with my guilt...

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
sanjuro said:
My sister mentioned he fell out her bed recently, which is a higher drop, but the other reason why I feel horrible is there was nothing I could do. His mother immediately took over, leaving me with my guilt...

You have just done your self a huge favor. They well never ask you to baby-sit, Ever again. :sneaky:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
sanjuro said:

Isnt it amazing how fast those little F#@kers can move. I set my kid down on the couch as always, turned around to get tv remote, and thud.... very short fall onto the carpet. He was only 6-9 mos old, but man he sure didnt want me around for a while after that.... i was in the dog house too with the old lady... he was fine, im sure just more scared. Now he likes to fall off on his own, and thinks its funny... (19 mos)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The reality is I turned away for 2 seconds, and he fell 12 inches onto a thick carpet. But his tears and his mother's scorn burn a hole in my harden heart...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
sanjuro said:
The reality is I turned away for 2 seconds, and he fell 12 inches onto a thick carpet. But his tears and his mother's scorn burn a hole in my harden heart...
i did that as a toddler. i still tease my mom about her dropping me on my head... :D

Bjern Fita

Chimp
Mar 6, 2005
Åsgårdstrand, Norway
when I was a wee boy, the old man and his brother-in-law were looking after me one sunny afternoon, enjoying 1 or 2 beers at the time. Got to being they were hanging out for a communal smoke so they did the smart thing and put me in the middle of the queen-size bed, safe from harm.

returning 2 mins later they found me in a crumpled, crying pile on the floor and after rushing me to emergency, had to content with the cops and child services being called as there were two drunken child abusers claiming the baby just fell and hurt himself.

Mum only told me about the police part recently (I'm 24).

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
sanjuro said:

Sick! Hes only 1 year old and hes doing a 1 foot huck to flat. That kid is going to be so gnar core when he grows up.