Quantcast

I knew DHing would come in handy...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Loading Bay Dock last weekend while I was sweeping my clubs harescrambles at a retired lumber mill in Packwood. :) This was part of the course, or you could ride around down the ramp....but that was slower ;) Sound familiar? Too much fun.

Woods racers don't normally run into stuff like this.

Looking over my shoulder coming out of the woods onto the road course.

Last edited:

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
Loading Bay Dock last weekend while I was sweeping my clubs harescrambles at a retired lumber mill in Packwood. :) This was part of the course, or you could ride around down the ramp....but that was slower ;) Sound familiar? Too much fun.

Woods racers don't normally run into stuff like this.

Looking over my shoulder coming out of the woods onto the road course.

Damn! Never seen a guy your size doing stuff like that!

Props! :cheers:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Damn! Never seen a guy your size doing stuff like that!

Props! :cheers:
Thanks, I do OK... Rode 60-80 miles that day. Probably about 2 hours into the day in the photos.

Would be faster if I wasn't so fat, but I think I am lazy. I was never better than a mid (to back of) pack sport racer in DH. Grew up on dirtbikes, and DH bike never felt as stable/forgiving as a dirt bike. But DHing was a blast! :)

Racing harescrambles/GP events I am a Vet (30+) C or B class racer. These classes are actually pretty stacked if you go to the races.

Port Angles back in like 2003, I think

2004 Beacon Bomber

Last edited:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
That is bad ass but I was gonna say "Damn, I never seen anyone bottom a MX bike of a loading dock before!"
I use it all baby! Thank god for bottom out bumpers, eh?

I run stiffer springs (for my girth of course) but lighter valving for offroad hack stuff.

There are featherwieght guys at full squish on the same drop. :busted:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Love to see the big brothers making it work.
One large mammal to another, solid work man!

dudeman

Chimp
Mar 28, 2008
Oly
Nice. Glad to see someone is still running the 2-smoker. It is a pretty rare occasion to see a 2-smoker at the moto track these days. Is that from the desert 100 pics on the bottom?

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Way to go Rhino. Change that plate to NUMBER 4. I'll come introduce myself if I see you at a race.
Sure thing. I don't think I will be at the harescrambles in Bellingham (Hannegan Speedway) next weekend.

This weekend I am riding up in Taneum (South of Cle Elum)

My club is putting on a 24hr race at Reiter Trails July 19-20th. Some of the nastiest terrain anywhere. :) I will most likely be working a check point on course.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Nice. Glad to see someone is still running the 2-smoker. It is a pretty rare occasion to see a 2-smoker at the moto track these days. Is that from the desert 100 pics on the bottom?
I love 2 smokers....always have. Even if they aren't the fastest option at times, they are by far the funnest to play ride. It is all about enjoyment...only down side, premix. :)

Last two are Starvation Ridge (Goldendale, WA) from last fall. Before that is sweep riding (notice the yellow safety vest) the WORCS series at Pacific Raceway in Auburn. Before that is open practice day at Riverdale MX (Toutle, WA)

Last edited:

dudeman

Chimp
Mar 28, 2008
Oly
I love 2 smokers....always have. Even if they aren't the fastest option at times, they are by far the funnest to play ride. It is all about enjoyment...only down side, premix. :)

Last two are Starvation Ridge (Goldendale, WA) from last fall. Before that is sweep riding (notice the yellow safety vest) the WORCS series at Pacific Raceway in Auburn. Before that is open practice day at Riverdale MX (Toutle, WA)
Cool. I have ridden a couple of those places. I would rather mix gas then shim or change valves any day. I miss my smoker. :nopity:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Cool. I have ridden a couple of those places. I would rather mix gas then shim or change valves any day. I miss my smoker. :nopity:
Some more from that day. :)

Little Urban, Concrete Jungle...our course rocks! Not to many offroad courses like this.

Following the little kids around the course

Bark pile. :)

Only problem this race only happens once a year. :(

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Kevin, you have great form on cornering.
Thanks Snacks. :cheers:

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. :clue:

I am sure there are more poor ones than good ones. That is one of my favorite shots and favorite corners on all the DH courses... Do they still use it at PA? I think AJ took the picture.

You could barely stand on that corner without falling on your ass, but you could stick to it like glue while railing. It looks like a flat corner in the shot. Kinda funny to me.

Last edited: