Quantcast

I knew it!!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
What really pisses me off, to the point that I wrote several companies a letter, is the marketing of "slim fit" in the US. I have a semi-odd pant size, 32x34 and it's become more and more difficult to find this size. I thought that some companies that have "slim" lines of pants would have this size but instead you see 38x30 and 38x32, hardly sizes you'd consider slim.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the few Haggar and Dockers pants i have arent anywhere near as big as they say.
their 36's fit me the same as my other 36's.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
What really pisses me off, to the point that I wrote several companies a letter, is the marketing of "slim fit" in the US. I have a semi-odd pant size, 32x34 and it's become more and more difficult to find this size. I thought that some companies that have "slim" lines of pants would have this size but instead you see 38x30 and 38x32, hardly sizes you'd consider slim.
Picture says: Long ruler = dont shop there

http://shop.pacsun.com/Guys/jeans/Ri...eans/index.pro

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering

:blink:

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
none of their stores sell anything remotely loose fitting. this is the only thing ive seen close and its not in stores. :think:
They have that exact model in Albany, close to platty. Or order your size online and return in store if you mess up your measuring.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
you wanna know who really gets lost in the shuffle....us skinny folks. I cant find t-shirts that fit worth a damn anymore.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Big and tall stores used to be for both big and tall people.

Now it's just strictly big f*ckers. No tall sh*t to be seen.

I wear 38x36 or 38x38 depending on brand inseam measurements. All I can find at those stores is 50x32. Yeah that helps.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
you wanna know who really gets lost in the shuffle....us skinny folks. I cant find t-shirts that fit worth a damn anymore.
It doesn't help that you and I are in the land of the fatties. I'm convinced that stores bring in clothing and sizes that are representative of their average customer, so I have a hard time finding anything below a 32 or 33" waist. That might not even be bad, if my "32 inch waist" Levi's didn't actually measure 34 inches. :rant:

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
:stupid: Same here. Finding any shirts that fit well is difficult. And they keeping making them bigger too, just like pants. I used to wear size large and even XL sometimes in high school, but recently I have been buying medium size shirts. But the problem is they can be too short given I am 6' tall. Fvck the fatties, what about us tall and skinny guys? Who makes clothes for us? This is part of the reason why I hate shopping and only buy clothes when absolutely necessary.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Yes, sizes are way off.

Most pairs I find are either WAY baggier than they should be or WAY tighter than they should be. So you're either fat or emo. Awesome.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
???....where do you shop??

J

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
It's not the size that's slim , it's the cut. :rolleyes: there's no need for people who are 38.30 to have to wear parachute pants just cuz' their legs are short...

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
It's not the size that's slim , it's the cut. :rolleyes: there's no need for people who are 38.30 to have to wear parachute pants just cuz' their legs are short...
I know it's the cut and not the size but someone with a 38x30 build doesn't exactly make you think of slim. If it's marketed as slim then it should come in slim sizes. I don't go into the big and tall store and complain that all the clothes are too big.

Maybe I just need to put all the weight I lost back on so I can wear 34x34 again :popcorn:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I'm usually fine with pants, I just have to get them hemmed up a bit since I'm usually around a 36x31. I can never find dress shirts since I have a big neck. I normally wear a 17.5 or 18" neck dress shirt and the arms are 3 inches to long or the shirt looks like it was cut to fit a defensive lineman. Contemplating just getting a few custom tailored since I don't wear them all that often.

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
SURE! Why not?!
Try Nordstorm's personal shopper service, hands down the best CS out there.

J
I meant this tongue in cheek......though I hate wasting my time shopping I don't want to look like a dirt bag either. If I had a lot more $$$ I’d always use Nordstrom’s services, nothing like hot chicks kissing your ass......:D

J