Quantcast

I know repair stand have probably been discussed to death, BUT.....

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
I'm pretty convinced to get the Ultimate Pro. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I have to say I prefer the clamp system of the Parks, but it seems that overall, the Ultimate stand is better than the cheaper Parks (and about the same price), and cheaper than the better Parks.

Cool features:
- All the tubings are telescopic, so it's very transportable
- It can actually hold a heavy DH rig.
- It has adjustable height

As soon as I have enough money, I'll probably get one.

Hope this helps...:)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by FlipSide
I'm pretty convinced to get the Ultimate Pro. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I have to say I prefer the clamp system of the Parks, but it seems that overall, the Ultimate stand is better than the cheaper Parks (and about the same price), and cheaper than the better Parks.

Cool features:
- All the tubings are telescopic, so it's very transportable
- It can actually hold a heavy DH rig.
- It has adjustable height

As soon as I have enough money, I'll probably get one.

Hope this helps...:)
I have this stand too. Love it!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by MtnBikerChk

ok, next question - where did you get it? SO far I think lickbike.com has the best price :)
I believe we got it from Performance on sale a few months ago.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
I've got the Ultimate Pro, and I love it. The clamp isn't quite as fast in and out as the parks with the lever, but it adjust MUCH faster to different tube sizes and shapes, and is much gentler on tubes. It's also super strong, folds down tiny to bring to races, and the "torque-amplifying" clamp thingy is pretty amazing. I'd definitely recommend it.

I got it at Speedgoat, who seemed to have the best prices or close to, especially since shipping is free, and they fired it out to me right quick, with the optional bag for free. Plus I like the people there.

Originally posted by ohio
I've got the Ultimate Pro, and I love it. The clamp isn't quite as fast in and out as the parks with the lever, but it adjust MUCH faster to different tube sizes and shapes, and is much gentler on tubes. It's also super strong, folds down tiny to bring to races, and the "torque-amplifying" clamp thingy is pretty amazing. I'd definitely recommend it.
can I use it on the seatpost? not a fan of clamping the top tube.

Z

Zonic Man

Originally posted by ohio

I got it at Speedgoat, who seemed to have the best prices or close to, especially since shipping is free, and they fired it out to me right quick, with the optional bag for free. Plus I like the people there.
Ultimate stands are the best. I hold mine at the seatpost as well.

2melow

Chimp
Apr 19, 2002
Fort Collins, Colorado
Check out this link from another site.. http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Tools/product_23460.shtml

Awarded "Tool of the year" at Interbike by MTBR. Have you seen all those tools on that page? There are like 150 different tools..hope that tells you something!

Go check out Park tool PRS-5 reviews (point being there are only like 3 new reviews in a year based on the Park compared to the 20+ in less than a year for the Ultimate.)

Clamping on the seatpost is no problem - but the nice thing about the Ultimate clamp design is it has an 8-point contact and is a leverless design so it is almost impossible to crimp a tube unlike the blue stand. Also, I am the sales and customer service and can be easily reached if you ever need anything. Hope this helps!

BTW, I love your tip of the day :)