Quantcast

I loathe all swine in the Real Estate biz...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
They are kinda nuts for selling it but they are tired of doing the work of renting the vacation rentals. You end up having to clean the apartments each time a new tenant comes in. They are 70 now and have been doing this for the last 15 years or so.
that's why there are businesses like merry maids.....so you don't have to fvck with that sh!t.:D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Money spent on a failed inspection is one of the best investments you will ever make. I can't remember any other time when spending $400 has saved me from making a $40,000 mistake.
They weren't failed inspections though.....it was BS that came up outside of the inspection (or being outbidded) that lost the sale.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
You didn't make a bid that was subject to inspections so you could do them after the bid had been accepted? I have never had to do that. Either it is different in your area or your Realtor really does suck.
Bid was accepted, higher offer came in while waiting for the inspection to occur, buyer failed to provide Title 5 in the meantime, never did so the offer expired (contingent upon providing the Title 5). Then I'm assuming it went to the other buyers.

Something like that went down, forget exactly what. So technically not a direct result of a higher bid.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've purchased 5 properties in in my lifetime. 3 where through lawyers and basic real estate documents and 2 where through agents. None of the deals went south but the for sale by owner "as is" deals where the easiest.

When I was relocated to Montana I was forced to handle all aspects of buying / selling through Chartis who pays set fees based on how much they don't have to anti-up. The faster they get me a house the more they stand to make. The agent they assigned me showed me over 60 houses in 90 days.

She earned her fee...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
that's why there are businesses like merry maids.....so you don't have to fvck with that sh!t.:D
Man, do you know how much those fvckers charge!?!

Actually, I have suggested it, but my in laws are cheap. I have also suggested they trade houses with the wife and I. They can live in the big house in the 909, and we will live at the beach cleaning and renting the apartments all day. They didn't go for it. :think:

When we bought in 1975, our agent, Gladys Murdoch of Middlebury, earned her keep by sticking with a complicated deal and by prodding local bankers to issue a loan to (horrors!) an unmarried couple.

In subsequent purchases expanding the evil empire, agents were simply parasites intruding into the process, complicating it and adding expense.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Dont know how its in the US but the housing boom attracted people with little qualification hoping for easy money. Not so far away from coke dealing so no wonder you meet your share of morons and crooks. I remember my familly battling for 5 years for the flat I currently live in only because of some greedy bastards wanting to screw us over.