Quantcast

I love autumn......

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Before the furnace comes on and after the air conditioner is retired for the season:

You have a new e-Bill from Xcel Energy

e-Bill Information
Due Date: 10/17/2006
Amount Due: $34.56

:cheers:
That's the beauty of New York...just the opposite. We'll have the furnace kick on at night and the air conditioner run during the day. Last electricity bill was $360. :rant:

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Our last bill was around $40. We haven't used the AC since late August. I've been out chopping up a store of firewood almost every night for the last couple of weeks. That should keep us warm enough during the evenings well into Nov without having to crank up the furnace. At night we'll just cuddle up under and extra layer of blankets if it's too cold.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Our last bill was around $40. We haven't used the AC since late August. I've been out chopping up a store of firewood almost every night for the last couple of weeks. That should keep us warm enough during the evenings well into Nov without having to crank up the furnace. At night we'll just cuddle up under and extra layer of blankets if it's too cold.
Yeah - down comforters kick ass! :cheers: They boys are getting their own down comforters for Xmas this year, too.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Yeah - down comforters kick ass! :cheers:
I'm allergic to down but we have a faux down (hollowfill or equivalent) that is pretty dang nice. I suppose when the baby is born we will actually have to turn the heat on.

DRB said:
Well they got that their patchouli soaked hacky sacks last year.
The best thing about patchouli scented hacksacks is they still hurt when you bean someone in the nuts with one. Not that a hippy would ever resort to violence, but I have met a few passive-aggresive hippys, so you better watch out.

Pulling out tomato vines, basil and peppers in the garden prior to frost...

Late afternoon walk as it gets dark, noticing the spicy smell of fall ground...

Cruising the dim woods unable to tell if it's wind or rain you're hearing until the drops become sharp and staccato...

Yeah, fall is nice.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Pulling out tomato vines, basil and peppers in the garden prior to frost...

Late afternoon walk as it gets dark, noticing the spicy smell of fall ground...

Cruising the dim woods unable to tell if it's wind or rain you're hearing until the drops become sharp and staccato...

Yeah, fall is nice.
Who cares about that crap. What's your energy bill look like?

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Before the furnace comes on and after the air conditioner is retired for the season:

You have a new e-Bill from Xcel Energy

e-Bill Information
Due Date: 10/17/2006
Amount Due: $34.56

:cheers:
We got our latest utility bill yesterday. It was $36.10. Damn that basement dehumidifier. If it wasn't for that thing running all the time...