Quantcast

I love new stuff...

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Yeah thats the one.

Ron Bayne and some of those guys have been working to get some fun stuff built. If you know where to go you can have a pretty good time on a big bike. Gotta keep it low profile though. A few of the classic trails arent what they used to be, in the interest of erosion control. Widowmaker used to be the best, and the drop trail on the hilltop road side that is now steps.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Yea, I ride with Ron Bayne on the Tues/Fri/Sun group I ride with. He is real good. They built a new trail right near the Landing Rd enterance that I believe was recently discovered by the Park but they havent shut it down, they just posted signs about not being able to build. I rode Widowmaker last weekend in some race I did and that was fun. It was like the second time I have been down it. A few months ago it wasnt fully rideable, but the people who put on the race did some work on it and got it fully rideable. Its a fun hill, esp. when you only have a front brake.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
esp when you only have a front break??? dont you have both... maybe thats why brunetts won cause he couldnt use his front.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
First off its brake. My rear brake had no feel what so ever to it going down Widowmaker. All it did was squeal with no power, so I just really used the front.