Quantcast

I love to build/live in this style of house...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
These are very rare around here though... this is a 1954 vintage home.

Recently used in the FX series "Thief"...

Offered at: $494,900

PropType: Residential
Type Home: Single
Subdivision: SOUTH HIGHLANDS
Beds: 4
Baths: 4.5
SqFt: 3956
Stories: 1
Year Built: 1954
Condition: Remodeled
Parking Spaces: 2
Parking Type: Garage
Parking Location: Attached
Fireplaces: 3

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
House is nice but I really like the fact it is near a mature stand of trees. I hate it when they clearcut before building. My neighborhood was cleared just enough for a house, driveway and septic tank for each lot.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like the inside, but the outside lacks just about everything. The setting is nice though.

My house is more the "rustic lodge" or "classic farmhouse" style set on 5+ acres surrounded by woods

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:
House is nice but I really like the fact it is near a mature stand of trees. I hate it when they clearcut before building. My neighborhood was cleared just enough for a house, driveway and septic tank for each lot.

Well, this was built in 1954 and pine trees grow fast... oaks on the other hand... :dead:

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Dirtjumper999 said:
thats a frank lloyd wright design. wasn't built untill after he died though, amazing architect.
Yeah I really dig that style of design. I would love to get the plans for one of his houses and have it built.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Here is the kind of house that's popular here at the moment.

This one is right across the cul-de-sac from a lot I bought to build my McMansion on a couple years ago...

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
i have an entire book of all of wright's designs, and that one looks extremely familar, i could be wrong. but never the less, that frankie was an amazing architect, way ahead of his time.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
stinkyboy said:
Wright's best:

That is super cool. That's the way things are headed over here. There are a few good examples round town, I'll try and find some. We've got the geography for it too.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dirtjumper999 said:
i have an entire book of all of wright's designs, and that one looks extremely familar, i could be wrong. but never the less, that frankie was an amazing architect, way ahead of his time.
There are a bunch of Neutra homes here in Norcal, a friend of mine recently bought and restored one that was neglected for years. The details look almost exactly like some of N8's pics above, especially the floating walls, beams extending from inside to outside, angled roofline, etc. They could just be copies of Wright designs - he certainly had some influence! Maybe N8 can check it out and determine the architect.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bah, I was gonna throw down the wright reference. I love falling water. That n8 photo one is almost the b udget version of it. I dig it.

edit: the second and third n8 photos are horrendous. Those are disasters by architects gone bad.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I Are Baboon said:
Cool house, cool design...not a big fan of the decor.
Yeah, the furniture is all wrong for that mid-century house. They need to get some Eames, Nelson, Noguchi, and Bertoia in there.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
stinkyboy said:
Wright's best:

Back in high school, I knew the guy who's aunt and uncle own that house (I believe, this is all a distant memory). Anyhow, FLW is a family idol, along with Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Now all we have is Frank O. Gehry: :think:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
That Gehry building is incredible, have you seen the special on it? No one aluminum panel on it is the same. It is a rock an roll museumm with each color modeled on the color of someones guitar (Clapton, Hendrix etc)

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Transcend said:
That Gehry building is incredible, have you seen the special on it? No one aluminum panel on it is the same. It is a rock an roll museumm with each color modeled on the color of someones guitar (Clapton, Hendrix etc)
I don't need to see the special, it's 10 minutes away from my apartment. Creative, but ugly as hell.