Quantcast

I met with The Prince last Sun

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
My friend received his latest collection and the 1st in South East Asia!

Nice beefy chainstay! Gigantic BB! Sweet replica colour of Caisse d'Epargne White!

SWEET!:monkey:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
we got one in last week. it's going back. derailleur hanger is misalligned...hard to straighten a carbon hanger.

it's crazy how much they're built out of the box. even the bottle cages are put on (with bolts greased).

what Jinx's pictures don't show is that the tires (GP4000s) and pedals (Keos) have Pinarello printed on them.

Took a closer look at our bike, and our's has the Attack/ Force combo, rather than GPs.

--edit--

wait a second...Jinx, was that bike a complete bike? our's came with a MOst carbon bar and stem. the retail on our's is $11k.

the F.H.B

Monkey
Jun 2, 2006
Syd, Australia
Thats different than the ones we have in our shop down here as well. Missing the MOst bar and stem, no pinnarello branded cranks and a different seat.
Still a great looking bike, I love the bottom bracket area on the frame, pure art!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i'm in the process of building up our 3rd Prince to come in (this one actually for a customer), and guess what...

the hanger is misalligned on this one, too...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
something tells me that isn't the first one in southeast asia........
I don't know how I missed that months ago.

So true! Carbon Pinarellos are madein Asia. "Italian Adrenalin" but Asia sweat and enviromental catastophe!

Have been for 3+ years.
Heck, Giant even owns 51% of Colnago. What a deal for the consumer on that one!