Quantcast

I miss riding with you guys

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I hate recovery. :banghead:

Hopefully in October I can start riding my MTB again.

Maybe some road in mid-late September. =\

Don't forget about me =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Who knows man. Well see where I am at. I am actually getting kind of depressed. =\ Riding really is a huge part of my life that's non-existent right now.

Boooooooo :nopity:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Take it easy this time, man. No rushing back on the bike.

But I swear to the good Lord Jesus, if you hurt your shoulder again before next summer's Northstar season... I'm going to have to have words with your shoulders.

Keep healing up, dude. I got a remote trigger for my flash, and if it seems to do the trick, I plan on picking up another flash here soon. Great for picture taking when you're back on the bike. And moist dirt in the fall/winter looks better in photos.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Take it easy this time, man. No rushing back on the bike.

But I swear to the good Lord Jesus, if you hurt your shoulder again before next summer's Northstar season... I'm going to have to have words with your shoulders.

Keep healing up, dude. I got a remote trigger for my flash, and if it seems to do the trick, I plan on picking up another flash here soon. Great for picture taking when you're back on the bike. And moist dirt in the fall/winter looks better in photos.
I am. I for sure don't want to have anymore shoulder issues in my riding career. Working on 4 weeks now since the surgery. PT's going ok, might start weaning away from having to wear the sling 24/7 towards the end of this week or early next week.

lol about Northstar. Well see. I should be a freshly married man after that. So I should have some more funds/spare time around then.

As for the photos, hell yeah man. I am going to make a comeback. Don't you worry. I might be on a new bike for it too. Don't worry, still Tomac. But something new none of you have seen yet. =]

I have a few plans for my comeback...

I've forgotten you already...
It's okay, I forgot you too.

Nah jk, how can I forget the Misfits jersey and dear lord your shaving thread. I swear that is horribly burned into my head. No matter how much I want to forget it.

gab26

Chimp
Oct 23, 2007
Hey Josh,

I feel your pain. I got three months right now off the bike and doc says two more before I can ride. One year for complete recovery. Tore my achilles tendon. I am now learning how to walk again. Don't play basketball kids.

I miss riding alot.

- Greg

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey Josh,

I feel your pain. I got three months right now off the bike and doc says two more before I can ride. One year for complete recovery. Tore my achilles tendon. I am now learning how to walk again. Don't play basketball kids.

I miss riding alot.

- Greg
Awe man that sounds brutal. I have seen so many gnarly injuries from people playing basketball.

Thank god I don't have the hand-eye-foot coordination needed to play that game. I am cool with horse.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Well duh!!!!!!!!And Im serious about the trailer thing ,haha. Yea I miss riding with ya all to ,but with bronchitis for two months and the summer of weddings, working on the railroad, etc , etc, I have not been on the trails much myself and it sucks to ride alone.I hope to at least hit the gnar star once this summer.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Well duh!!!!!!!!And Im serious about the trailer thing ,haha. Yea I miss riding with ya all to ,but with bronchitis for two months and the summer of weddings, working on the railroad, etc , etc, I have not been on the trails much myself and it sucks to ride alone.I hope to at least hit the gnar star once this summer.
I'll be up there next weekend...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Well, I'm actually only guessing that I'm going to northstar.

Next friday through sunday is my bachelor party. I'm getting tossed in a sprinter panel van and taken somewhere. I was told to bring my big bike and season pass, so I'm guessing northstar :D

I'm also not quite sure who all is going other than I know Clancy is driving the van and it sounds like at least one dude is flying in from georgia. :thumb:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
It's okay, I forgot you too.

Nah jk, how can I forget the Misfits jersey and dear lord your shaving thread. I swear that is horribly burned into my head. No matter how much I want to forget it.

Trust me, it'll stay with you like herpes.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
PT is going good. Getting more and more range of motion back now that I am not in the sling 24/7.

Still no riding at all for me for another month or so. Then I can start doing road again. Hopefully going to get my Surly Cross-Check sold and a new Charge Mixer in my hands before I can ride... oh man this bike is going to be the sickest commuter!

Frame: Charge Mixer - Tange 700c - Tange Infinity tube
Size: X Sml - Sml - Med - Lge
Colour: Black
Fork: Tange Mixer Cromoly
Brakes: Shimano BR-M486 hydraulic disc
Levers: Shimano Hydraulic
Headset: TH 857- 1-1/8'' Forged Alloy
Stem: 3D forged alloy - W/ Laser charge logo
Handle bar: Charge Flat Bar Silver
Grips: Plunger MTB
Shift Levers: Alfine Rapidfire SLS500(Right only)
Front Derailleur: -
Rear Derailleur: -
Chain Wheel: Alfine 39T alloy - Small: 170mm - Med & Large:175mm
Crankset: Alfine Hollow Tech II 2 pc
Cassette: Alfine 18t cog.
Pedal: Wellgo LUC-27G
BB: Alloy 6061 T6. Eccentric BB - 68mm
Rims: Alex DP17 700c - ANOD. W/SSE - 14Gx36H Black
Tires: Continental Sport Contact 700c x 32c A/V
Front Hub: Shimano HB-M495 Centerlock disc hub
Rear Hub: Shimano Alfine SG-S500 internal 8 speed - Centerlock disc hub
Saddle: Charge Spoon - Black
Seatpost: Alloy - Black
Seat Clamp: Alloy Single bolt

looks like $1200-ish for the complete bike.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
That does look nice. But the thought of internal 8 speed with disk brakes sounds SO rad and low maintenance!

Looks like the Charge Mixers will be available sometime next month. Booyeah!

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My buddy works at the Trek Store in San Jose. He showed me their new belt driven single-speed cruiser. It's pretty frickin' awesome and SUPER smooth. No chain slap or anything. I'd mob one of those if they weren't $1,200.

BUT, you never have to lube anything, and the belt is made of a carbon fiber and something combo, so they're rated at like 80 years ride time or something ridiculous. And carbon against metal... well... there's basically no wear and tear on the moving components (besides tires).

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
That will be a real road bike. I will slap some drop bars on it and be golden. =]

And I am down for some road training with you as soon as I can ride.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Oh snap...

A sneak peak at Tomac's new all mountain frame... the Vanish. They will be offering other build kits that include a DHX Air, etc.

Oh man... hello next seasons mini DH race bike.