Quantcast

I need a ride to Platekill or Diablo this weekend.

bushrider

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
I need a ride to Platekill or Diablo this weekend.
Saturday or Sunday.
Will share fuel and toll costs.
I'm in Brooklyn but I'm happy to be picked up from anywhere accessible by subway.

Please shoot me an email bushrider@gmail.com

bushrider

Monkey
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Plattekill has much steeper terrain than diablo.
The trails are natural, with very few man made stunts.
It also has shale (slippery), loose dirt and almost always a few wet sections.
Plattekill has 2 lifts and 2 different trail networks.

I'm bored of Diablo. I've ridden every trail at least 10X this season. I've hit everything in the park.

Drops and trails arent marked very well at plattekill its best to go there with a rider who knows the trails.

The only reason less people go to plattekill than diablo is because plattekill is 2X a far from Manhattan as diablo. Plattekill actually has trails that are more suitable for beginners than diablo.

A weekend pass for plattekill is only $40 a little over half what 2 days at diablo costs.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
There's beginner stuff at platty other than the fun run? That would've been good to know when I went there for their last weekend last year, haha. It was my first time really riding at a lift park and I got my ass handed to me. Pretty stoked to go back there actually now that I'm a slightly better rider.

And yeah, I don't think one is "better" than the other, they're just different. Platty is more natural dh oriented and diablo has more freeridey stuff. Depends on your preference.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
There's beginner stuff at platty other than the fun run? That would've been good to know when I went there for their last weekend last year, haha. It was my first time really riding at a lift park and I got my ass handed to me. Pretty stoked to go back there actually now that I'm a slightly better rider.

And yeah, I don't think one is "better" than the other, they're just different. Platty is more natural dh oriented and diablo has more freeridey stuff. Depends on your preference.
there are plenty of easier trails at the mountain. ask any of us who ride there when you go back up there and we can show you the right direction to head in.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Def plenty of easy stuff to ride there, but any new rider would benefit from hooking up with someone who knows the trails so as to avoid any 'oh sh*t' moments when you find yourself at the top of some past verticle chute with no go around, not really alot of rhyme or reason to how trails connect to each other there, it's part of the charm, haha!

I wish someone like Spylab would take a shot at mapping that place though, I don't know how many times I've been there & I still haven't come close to riding the whole place.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
Ok, I get the dots, but what is the significance of all the different colors?

Best part is "this doesn't mean easy"....nor does it mean it won't dump you into something absolutly horrendous, lol

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
god i miss plattekill so much... i hate work
its really annoying how people think they are talking to me and they ask me for crap and it just gets annoying. Btw you dont have to yell i am right here. :imstupid: if you want to go to platty than i shall send thee to platty!