Quantcast

I need help... Please

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
HEy, i ride urban/street/trials on my park bike... and every fork i ahve had has issues where the steerertube and crown xome together...

My 05 sherman flick plus went loose after about 8 months...
I have had my 06 Fox Talas RLC 130 for 3 months, and its loose...

I need to find a good quality fork, with strong crowns and steere tubes, weight is kind of an issue, but if it helps from the fork dieing after 3 months, ill take it...

What company makes a strong fork, that will actualy last up to urban, dj, park, and trials? i ahve had really bad luck... i want a low travel fork, and solid...

The forks i ahve looked at so far are the
-Sherman Jumper (but ive heard shermans have bad crowns... and mine on my flick went loose, but maybe thats cause it had 7 cinhes of stanction on a HT, pretty slack so a lot of force.
-2006 Marzocchi DJ I, but it look slike those are only 24inch specific?
-Rock Shox Pike
-Marzocchi Z1

I hat eto go twords Marzocchi cause they are so havy, and feel liek sh*t... but ive never had a problem qwith a zocchi... sao maybe i need one, but if there is a stronger fork then a z1, or a DJ'er, ill take it
PLEASE HELP... price isnt a issue, i want a fork that will hold up...
Thanks...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
id go for a sherman jumper ut im biased. i still have my original flick that i got from manitou a few months before they hit the market and its had 0 problems. plus they look ten times better than any marz fork

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I vote for the Marzocchi DJ1. Since you ride street it doesn't seem like you need amazing plushness that you would get with a Fox, Pike, or Sherman. A DJ1 will feel ok and hold up to your abuse. I ride a DJ3 and have had zero problems with it. There'll be some weight, but you'll get over that quickly. I heard someone here say once that everyone complains about the DJ's weight except for the people who ride them. A Z1 could also fit your needs if you want something with nicer performance.

I've also seen many problems with Shermans. My friend had a Flick before he got a Z150 and he blew it up multiple times and then cracked the lowers (a circular crack around one of them, right in the middle by the sticker) while doing a nose manual. Some are awesome I guess, but a lot aren't.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I went through the same exact situation a while back. Don't go with Manitou, I've broken several. Fox makes great forks, but they aren't designed for the type of riding you do (actually the 36 would probably work if you could lower it) Marzocchi makes the most durable forks on the market. I put my first dj through 2 full years of abuse. when I decided to go with a lighter brand, I went through 2 manitou's a fox, and a lot of headaches in one season. Needless to say, I am back on a zocchi, although its heavy, It is durable, and feels great!

oh and the 06 dj's weigh less, AND if you happen to break one, Marzocchi customer service/warranty is great!

Oh the dj street is the only 24" specific fork, the rest are 26"

Lux Interior

Monkey
Jun 18, 2005
I need to chime in with a Z1 story, I'd only had it for a month and I went for just an endo and the brake mount snapped off the fork and the caliper rammed the rotor into the spokes. Marz covered the shock but I had to eat the rotor and rim repair. But besides that I've had a Jr t save my life and same with my Dj1 I love it. that sucks if they are only 24 now, I hadn't heard that. Marz rules! weight = strength / strength = less pain.

i have had great luck with marz, except i snapped a steertube at the crown trying tail whips. i am just about to get a manitou jumper.
and i've also had great luck with my pike, but get a 06, cause the 05 had a problem with the arch being weak.

Muuqi

Monkey
Oct 11, 2005
Ashland Oregon
Everybody loves Marz, but every one that I've had has broken in some way, and it seems to be just me, but they wouldn't warrenty any and they were f***ing dicks about it. Had a Sherman Jumper and loved it, the geometery was spot on with the 80 mm of travel, but I wound up selling it with the bike. Now I run a Pike and with it wound down to 95 mm of travel and locked out with the flood gate half way it's perfect for urban/dj/park. It's true what Mackster said, get an 06, or make sure the 05 you're getting has the newer/stronger arch.