Quantcast

I need some advice on the Lake Tahoe area!

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
So, my wife & daughter & I are going to go up to Sacramento in July to visit my family, actually in Rocklin. Anyways, I have never been to Lake Tahoe to ride so I was wondering, what is a better place to go- Kirkwood or Northstar? I live in So Cal and I rode Big Bear a lot last year so I am pretty good on the DH runs. I have a DH bike and I am looking for some good ridin'!

Any help would be appreciated, and any deals to be found. Like I heard there is a place (a cabin or motel room) that you get a lift ticket if you rent a room?!?! That would be great!

So, any help regarding this would be so helpful to me and my family-thanx again!

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
"near" is relative. I consider 45 minutes away to usually be "near". Northstar would be my choice as well, never been to kirkwood on a bike.

Bobby Peru

Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Big Tuna, TX
Any suggestions for trail to take? Are there good maps n such. It is just kind of a bummer to ride alone. The trip is way too far for my friends that I ride with.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
If you want to ride something a little more XCish you could look up the Flume trail or the Tahoe Rim trail.
An LBS could probably point out a nice trail or two.
Or check the "trails" section on mtbr.

HarryCallahan

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
SC mtns
Bobby Peru said:
Any suggestions for trail to take? Are there good maps n such. It is just kind of a bummer to ride alone. The trip is way too far for my friends that I ride with.
You know, I didn't mention this before because you mentioned dowhill and lift tickets, but if you're coming from Rocklin, you are going to drive right through Auburn and Truckee, and not too far from Nevada City and Downieville. there's some pretty epic riding up there, with some pretty extreme elevation changes. It's "cross country", but it's rugged.

Check out BONC