Quantcast

I need some new bars

taylor

Chimp
Nov 28, 2001
Regina,Sask
Can anyone help me out?I am lookin for some bars with the integral brace,something in the 2" to 2.5" rise flavor.Who makes em and where can I find them on the net?Any help will be greatly appreciated!:help:

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Bontrager Crowbar xxx DH
They're made from 4130 cro-mo and have a welded on brace AND they're compatible with bmx stems or mountain stems with the shims (included). They're hella wide and I love em. $30 at cambriabike.com

:D

Shibby

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
cambridge, ma
Azonic Ultracross... it's the doublewall bar, if I recall correctly (which is plenty strong on its own with a great warranty), plus a moto crossbrace and pad. megabeef!

alex spencer

Chimp
Aug 5, 2001
england
how about renthal MX bars? they come in almost any size and shape you need, even 32" wide, they'll fit bmx stems and MTB ones with a shim, and if Ricky carmichael uses them, i'm sure they'll be plenty strong enough to take anything you can do on a mountain bike without killing yourself.

ATXjimATX

the artist formerly known as OldDickDynamite
Oct 4, 2001
Austin, TEXAS
go to www.gackbmx.com and check out his stuff.... they aren't on the site now, but he makes a set of 2.5 in crmo riser mx-style bars that are probably stronger than anything else out there...... email info@gackbmx.com he's a pretty helpful guy.
profile makes some similar ones too.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Moogie
wank is a good thing. They rule:D
Ok...I was thinking of the term "wanker"...which in England is bad. (also "tosser")

I guess if you wank something and buff it, it ends up being shiny...and that's good.
:rolleyes:

KonaDude

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Victoria, BC, Canada.
DMR Wingbar Chromo! 3" rise, pretty good bend, and STIFF!

I managed to bend a set of XXX Dh's, although that's me, they're burly bars too. I haven't bent my DMR yet, which is good. :) Great suggestions.