Quantcast

"I never commit to memory anything that can easily be looked up in a book."

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
....said Albert Einstein.

Do you use a daily planner? I've just started using one very recently, and while this may be obvious to some, it's an incredibly helpful tool if you have alot of crap going on.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I've got the calendar in my Treo. I'd be lost without it.
I just cant stand cell phones as it is, let alone one I have to check constantly and type stuff into. Ack. Not slamming your choice, but I prefer paper and pen for some reason.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I just cant stand cell phones as it is, let alone one I have to check constantly and type stuff into. Ack. Not slamming your choice, but I prefer paper and pen for some reason.
Me too. I tried a palm for a while and ended up really frustrated. Pen and paper is faster and easier to visualize for me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Nope, I am like the drummer from Def Leopard,
I just wing it.
I'm right with ya!
I too am a busy guy but aside from the occasional meeting that I 100% can't miss so I put it in my phone, I just remember everything or leave the invitation on the fridge door.

Honestly you only really have to remember a 2 week period. Anything beyond that you're more than like to be reminded about.

hooker_47

Chimp
Mar 2, 2007
Lost
Tried everything, from cell phone to palm pilot to laptop organizers...ended up back with my old standby, an old paper planner I bought about ten years ago. Funny thing is, once I write something down, I almost never forget it...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I can't use a day planner, I never open them. I have to have my to do staring me in the face, so i use a whiteboard that is hanging in my kitchen, and google calendar email/text message alerts for things that I need to check remotely.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Leppard. Damn I'm old.
Sleeveless concert t......$15
El camino mullet ...........$12
Echo rockin out with moose knuckle giving skin tight jeans that are tight rolled at the bottom........priceless.

:rofl::rofl: Oh jeez, I forgot about tight rolled jeans.
Best trend ever.
It worked great for stealing maddog 20/20.
Just don't clank your legs together on the way out.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That's a pretty awesome (and wise) quote. Being an engineering student, I've learned the importance of what needs to be memorized and what can easily be looked up in reference resources.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I used a really nice Harvard day planner when I was in school and that worked pretty well. Then I tried using a Pocket PC for a while, but couldn't get the hang of it. The text recognition just wasn't good enough and it took me about five times as long to enter stuff. Then I stopped using them all together. I'm thinking I might buy a 2008 refill for my day planner if for nothing other than tracking my training.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Sleeveless concert t......$15
El camino mullet ...........$12
Echo rockin out with moose knuckle giving skin tight jeans that are tight rolled at the bottom........priceless.

:rofl::rofl: Oh jeez, I forgot about tight rolled jeans.
Best trend ever.
It worked great for stealing maddog 20/20.
Just don't clank your legs together on the way out.
I tight-roll my right pants leg when riding into work. Ah memories...

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I've got that Samsung dual-flip phone, so I use the datebook/calendar in that thing all the time.

I'd lose my head if it weren't for that phone.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Einstein was notoriously forgetful. He once used a $10,000 check as a bookmark and forgot it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
iPhone FTW: iCal and Address Book info percolate over seamlessly. for the last 5 years or so i've chosen my phones based on whether they'll sync with my Mac:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/index.html

(the iPhone isn't listed because it, along with all recent iPods, will sync through iTunes, a different mechanism.)

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I follow the thought of the original thread title, not with the day planner, but with Diags and specs. I dont rememeb them, Dont try to, i have spec books, and i have Diag trees, i dont need to remember complicated Procdures when i can look them up just as fast. As to which one i remember and dont remember, it all depends on how common of a setting/repair it is