Quantcast

I nice XC ride

Apr 9, 2006
Buffalo, NY
First of all, I cant believe I typed "I" instead of "A"!!! I'm retard so ignore that part!

I'm new to this whole Mtn bike thing. I just got my first bike a month ago. I have been doing simple 8 mile XC rides after work everyday. I ride on same trails behind the house. It is mainly aggressive XC w/ a few DH sections. Nothing crazy. I'm still getting used to the whole mtn bike thing. Anyways, there are a few pics in my gallery but htis is the Magazine cover shot. My buddy took it, and it is an awesome pic for there not being any crazy air or anything.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Cool deal. I've never ridden in buffalo, are there a lot of trails around there? I only go there to freez my butt off for Bills games...and I don't even know why I do that:rolleyes:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Good stuff man. Just keep on riding and if you wish it you'll be in the air in no time. Personally i find just goin out and havin a blast on all types of trails keeps it fresh, because really the only person you need to be impressing is yourself.:)

Apr 9, 2006
Buffalo, NY
GumbaFish said:
Cool deal. I've never ridden in buffalo, are there a lot of trails around there? I only go there to freez my butt off for Bills games...and I don't even know why I do that:rolleyes:
There are zero mtn bike specific trails here. We just go to the area hiking/biking trails. Ever heard of the Finger Lakes Trail? That is a pretty fun one. Its meant for hiking so there are some nasty climbs and desents.

As for the Bils games....Why????? If you say tailgating, I'll believe you! :thumb: But they won't be around for much longer anyways!

Apr 9, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Skookum said:
Good stuff man. Just keep on riding and if you wish it you'll be in the air in no time. Personally i find just goin out and havin a blast on all types of trails keeps it fresh, because really the only person you need to be impressing is yourself.:)
Thanks for the reply. I too love just going out and riding. The air is coming along, when I can find somewhere around here that isnt flater than a 8 year old.;)

When we go riding I dont try to impress the guys I'm with. I use them to push myself and out do them.:D

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Oh of course. Drinking usually commences at 10am and continues untill the start of the game. That usually allows us to deal with the cold factor. My buddy worked at the stadium and said there was a guy in his section who went to every game in just a pair of boxers and some shoes...nuts.

Apr 9, 2006
Buffalo, NY
GumbaFish said:
My buddy worked at the stadium and said there was a guy in his section who went to every game in just a pair of boxers and some shoes...nuts.
Nuts is an understatement in that case! I always thought just shirtless was insane! But boxers? Wow!:eek: