Quantcast

i now hate my self, contains 08 commencals.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
though i would show off my friends 08 commencal for you commencal fans out there. it isn't done yet, waiting for wheels and a 08 dhx. and sorry for the ****ty pics.

the rider is risa suseanty, shes an indonesian national rider. i hate my self coz i let her try my supreme dh for a couple of runs.. she loved it so much she made a few phone calls and picked one up straight away.:rant:

for those who were wondering about the lg-1 that comes with the frame, the fit isn't that good, still needs alot of adjusting. right now i built it up with the cranks spaced 2.5mm on the drive side. how cedric does it too, but just with a custom 128mm spindle atlas crank. not perfect but it works.

now for pics.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
its the 4th year in production, but you are right, its only 3rd generation. there is nothing new except the paint job from last years model. as for the build, the dhx just arrived.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
though i would show off my friends 08 commencal for you commencal fans out there. it isn't done yet, waiting for wheels and a 08 dhx. and sorry for the ****ty pics.

the rider is risa suseanty, shes an indonesian national rider. i hate my self coz i let her try my supreme dh for a couple of runs.. she loved it so much she made a few phone calls and picked one up straight away.:rant:

for those who were wondering about the lg-1 that comes with the frame, the fit isn't that good, still needs alot of adjusting. right now i built it up with the cranks spaced 2.5mm on the drive side. how cedric does it too, but just with a custom 128mm spindle atlas crank. not perfect but it works.

now for pics.
For LG1 setup, you don't need a custom spindle. All you need to do is put the chainring in the outer ring position, and set the LG1 up with the ISCG05 adapter facing outwards. Its simple.

Dave

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
US Distributah?
I guess I can let the cat out of the bag, US distributor is going to be BTI, a very reputable and professional distribution company in the states with brands like SRAM, Shimano and Truvativ these guys truly know what they are doing.
Come see Commencal at the BTI/Commencal booth in Vegas

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I guess I can let the cat out of the bag, US distributor is going to be BTI, a very reputable and professional distribution company in the states with brands like SRAM, Shimano and Truvativ these guys truly know what they are doing.
Interesting... Do you know msrp prices in USD or CAD $

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
thanks dw for that, there aren't instructions that come with the frame to explain that. the instruction leaflet that came with the lg-1 was the standard one.

dlb

Monkey
Apr 15, 2004
socal

BTI has all the Commencal products up on there site now. Good prices too! Should be a great product for them. Im looking foward to the 6" trailbike and the mini DH bike.

stteamrider

Chimp
Dec 11, 2006
though i would show off my friends 08 commencal for you commencal fans out there.
I m new to the forum but a lurker here trying hard to find some info re Commencal Supreme / Mini DH.
dhkid, how's the ride of this rig then? (to a comparable bike, like IH 7point or Sunday, ReignX, Intense Socom, Kona Stinky/Stab etc) appreciate your feedback

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
first of all its not my bike. what i have is a 06 supreme dh. which design wise is the same.

what i can directly compare it to is a vp free because thats what i had before. first think i noticed is that the supreme is a very lively bike. easy to move around. one thing that you might have a hard time getting used to is the long chain stays and steep head tube. it took me a while but i love it now. the whole idea behind that is you use the front wheel to steer you where you want to go (duh) and use the rear wheel for traction. it likes to be weighted on the rear wheel. and there is soo much traction form the rear wheel. like a sunday.

it does have its inherit problems of a single pivot, brake jack, doesn't bother me most of the time, but you can feel it in the braking bumps. it wont track the ground as well as a sunday. and pedal feedback isn't that bad, i only feel it on very fast small bumps. and mud clearance isn't the best. i only have problems with it when i am not going fast enough to shed mud. :p