Quantcast

I pimped my own ride.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Actually its in the pimping process. Anyway...I got this free van from my dads boss, and it looked like hell. I thought....I really cant drive it like it is. The whole thing was that "badass" blue color, the paint on the hood was peeling really badly, as was the roof paint and it needed a little help. I only have one before pic:dead::

And some afters up to this point:

This was the hood with primer on it:

The almost finished hood:

The stickers on the hood werent planned, I put one on to cover up a mess up and then decided it looked stupid with just one. It atleast looks better than it did before, but it didnt come out as well as I planned. I really screwed up the logo in the middle a few times, the red paint bubbled in a few spots, one of the red spray cans dripped onto the hood and really messed it up but it looks alright!

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
The hood is as good as done right now. Maybe some more stickers and clear coat but thats it. I'd like to paint the whole van, but it costs way too much to buy all the paint. I forgot to add that the roof is truck bed liner spray:D I am going to try to get the decals off and then maybe cover the whole outside with the black bed liner stuff. The whole floor in the inside behind the 2 front seats is down to the metal.....we ripped the carpet out and everything. I thought about putting one big piece of plywood on it, but I need the wood to build another jump or 2!

Jump???......van floor????? :(

Might just head up to menards and get some big cheap piece of something instead.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I saw a van just like that the other day that someone converted to a jacked up 4x4.

Compared to that you got a alot of work getting to pimp mode.

Nice hood though. :thumb:

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
Just sanded it and dry wiped it off, I saw way too many products that are used for bare metal and didnt know what to get and also didnt have alot of money so I just cleared over it. What should I have done? I can still sand it all back off and start over I guess :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
KleinMp99 said:
Just sanded it and dry wiped it off, I saw way too many products that are used for bare metal and didnt know what to get and also didnt have alot of money so I just cleared over it. What should I have done? I can still sand it all back off and start over I guess :mumble: :mumble: :mumble:
Let it rust!!!! That and the gigantic cape you're going to install on your ride will really say "Pimp Daddy!" to all the ladies.

Can't you just picture the cape billowing in the wind as you drive to school in the morning? Perfection!

-pigboy (needs his medication)