Quantcast

I-Pod, the good, the bad, the...

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I was thinking about getting the 40gb I Pod. The mini is nice, but not enough storage space for me. Though, a mini with 40gb would be nice, and it just might happen soon (just guessing).

Are there better players out there, or is the Pod the standard?

Also, any down side to a Pod; i.e. battery problems?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Use the search the button, this topic has been discussed excessively. There are numerous options out there better than the iPod - for example the Rio Karma. For a RM like forum discussing Digital Audio Players, goto www.dapreview.com .

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
a mini with 40 gb won't happen until someone makes 1" hard drives (microdrive size) that have that capacity. the most capacious so far are 5 gb so apple's 4 gb offering is not far off the pace.

i'd advise you to actually try out the players you read about. play with the interface. reviewers and random internet people may well have different priorities in a player than you. for example i value ease of use in my ipod over its, say, lack of ogg support.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I have read numerous reviews as of late. They're seems to be some small problems as with any media player, but overall they get the best reviews.

I want ease of use, sound quality, and storage. So far the 40g gets my vote. I played with it some at the Apple store and I like it so far. Plus the accesories seem easier to get than others.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Yes, it is one of the better players, but not the best. You best bet is to register and post on DAPreview.com - they are the DAP experts and will point you in the right direction. This is a bicycling site...

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Well, I read the thread by Toshi that Syadasti had a lot of input on.

I found some info on cars, sushi, and DAP's!

I went to the DAP review site, and it looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Thanks guys!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Jesus said:
That looks awesome!

Any idea on price, I couldn't find one?
$350-400

I think CompUSA might carry them if you wanted to check them out?

I know you really want this new flash player though:

Godot Aria Mubie M4150 (128MB)
The Aria Mubie may be the most adorable MP3 player ever, but even the Hello Kitty crowd will be disappointed by its dearth of features.