Quantcast

I rode bikes with The Joker today.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Odd day today, 1000 miles from home, 6 people knew me out on the trail.

Wish I was better with names.

Real question is, why don't I live here.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just an FYI. Going WOT on Rainmaker is not the best idea. The jumps area bit short for that...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Let me guess: flatted a tubeless wheel?
Did you guys go for Titans afterwards?
We'll let SS detail his maladjusted gauge for time and light, notably when the sun actually sets. Needless to say, my tubeless wheels are perfectly fine and I have had no issues yet while I've been here.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
:rofl:
Its for the best, that 10 minute rocky descent from the top is TOTALLY overrated anyway!
Riding the top section in near pitch black was quite fun. I keep saying it, but I felt like the blind guy the Mark Weir guides down Sea Otter every year.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Use the Force...
Both joePozer and I were. I'm kind of surprised how quickly you just took off in the pitch black and left us to deal with what we found... Thank the FSM for long travel trail bikes. The added room for slop was much needed.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
SS - Post the pics, so these guys get a real gauge of just how dark we're talking about here.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just rode apex with the Yeti guys again. And once again, painful. However this one wasn't as bad as last week. I only stopped to breathe and not die about 6 times vs. the rough dozen last ride. Rode with Conroy, Ross (again), Peter and Darner, who are all friggin oxes (oxen?) on the climbs. The descent is awesome as I had been told to expect.

I got a good chuckle when Ross came into the front room and his first comment was, "back for more already?" Darner got a good chuckle when I gave him context that two of his former RPM riders were my old roommate and ex-girlfriend.

All-in it was a good ride, with a really nice group of guys. Hopefully by my next ride I will be able to not die of hypoxia.

I also got to see the new SB-95 as Ross, Conroy and Peter were all riding them. The look great and given how easy the climb looked vs. last week, I bet they ride great. Ross was even talking about crossing over to the clown bike, err...29'er, but I doubt it. Sadly the new DH and carbon SB-66 are still in Europe, so I was not able to give them a parking lot ride.