Quantcast

I saw some new DH bikes get on a UPS truck today

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
FRO means every time you get on the bike it's a race... even in the parking lot.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Christiaan, raw works were the first to go, I think painted models get done in the next couple days. Kntr, perhaps you have a bad tire, I have a demo 951 here with 2.5, no rubbing. And my wifes M9 has a 2.5 on rear now with plenty of room (both in G3.a).

Today I will watch more M9's get assembled and shipped, not a bad job. And I still love made in america.

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
Stik,

Make sure to get plenty of pics of the complete frames etc, to keep us going until the frames arrive!

I guess only a few days is not too bad on the Chrome black, I just want to bolt my parts to my frame, and get a ride in before winter sets in here!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Just go ahead and send one to me, I'll make sure it gets put to good use ;)
j/k.

I so want a DH bike again...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Christiaan, raw works were the first to go, I think painted models get done in the next couple days. Kntr, perhaps you have a bad tire, I have a demo 951 here with 2.5, no rubbing. And my wifes M9 has a 2.5 on rear now with plenty of room (both in G3.a).

Today I will watch more M9's get assembled and shipped, not a bad job. And I still love made in america.
So what you're is you were in charge of setting up the time lapse equipment for the next video.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Christiaan,
Gonna try and get more pics, but flat out trying to get world cup team assembled.

Hater-ted, roughly: M6 (revised m3) release in august 2008, 951 (revised socom) august 2009, M9 (revised m6) october 2010…hardly 3 minutes and frankly, that lame ficticious argument gets old.

Butch, if I understand you correctly, you are wondering if I am shooting time lapse? I don't even know how to do that stuff, so, no ;)

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Kntr, perhaps you have a bad tire, I have a demo 951 here with 2.5, no rubbing. And my wifes M9 has a 2.5 on rear now with plenty of room (both in G3.a).
For 951 owners, it's pretty common knowledge that the clearance is really limited with any downhill tire in the short position. I didn't even try on my bike since I'm running Continental Kaisers, but my buddy who runs DHF's has to wait for the tire to wear enough for clearance...

stiksandstones said:
We are so pumped on this entire project, 2 years of testing, riding, perfecting this bike and we created such a fine machine. When we 'officially' announced it 2 months ago, we planned on a october 15th ship date, we came in ahead of schedule.
Hater-ted, roughly: M6 (revised m3) release in august 2008, 951 (revised socom) august 2009, M9 (revised m6) october 2010…hardly 3 minutes and frankly, that lame ficticious argument gets old.
Here's where Ted was going with his post. If the bike was getting developed starting 2 years ago, that's when the M6 came out. So it sounds like you were already designing the new model instantly...

Not hating. Constant innovation I say, but some people seem to think otherwise. Did I mention I want one of these in a bad way... ;)

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
Here's where Ted was going with his post. If the bike was getting developed starting 2 years ago, that's when the M6 came out. So it sounds like you were already designing the new model instantly...
Nothing new here. Specialized is probably finalizing the designs for the 2013 demo about now. February of 2010 the 2012 demo designs were finalized.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
you must not know much about product development do you?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
How's the new site coming along?
I won't lie…

its been a fVcking nightmare, worst web developers in the history of the www. That being said, I am finishing it up myself the last week, tidying it up, having to remember code from my web days=sh1tshow.

So…I will refrain from a ETA, but I am REAL close.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Way more interested in rad bikes than a sweet website, so I'm glad to see you have the priorities straight. Hell, let the site slide and sign some sick riders while you still can.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Huh. I thought the M9 was put on hold to focus on the 4x bikes now that we know the UCI isn't cancelling the series. The demand is going to be huge so I guess it's good the M9s are out the door.

:)

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
I won't lie…

its been a fVcking nightmare, worst web developers in the history of the www. That being said, I am finishing it up myself the last week, tidying it up, having to remember code from my web days=sh1tshow.

So…I will refrain from a ETA, but I am REAL close.
Thats cool, I like good websites. And marketing is just as important as production and sales. A stool wont stand on two legs.

I hope you guys get some good rep on the WC circuit! So does this mean Kovarik is off Intense for the first time in like forever? BTW, if you need a WC rider I can fill those shoes ;)