Quantcast

i think someone tried to steal my yakima

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
came out yesterday morning on the way to meet burly surly and the whole thing had been slid back and all maladjusted on top of my car. good thing i invested in the lock cores.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i got em too. i'm too lazy to take my rack off everytime i park my car. i got locks on the bolts to keep my S.W. trays on too.
Couple weeks back i went to check on my peice of crap pickup. Looks like someone tried stealing that, they jacked my ignition out and either didn't succeed in starting it, or when they fired her up and listened to the motor they decided to leave it. :D

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Some one tried to steal our bikes off our hitch rack last week. I had them cable locked to the rack and so they tried to take the rack apart. It just enforced why I moved back to Tahoe from Reno. As soon as I came out of where we were eating I hopped in the car and started backing out. When I hit the brakes BAM the road bike fell off. I got out and sure enough... the rack had all kinds of hardware missing. F@ck I hate theives.

J

JRB

dhtahoe said:
F@ck I hate theives.
:stupid:

My bike is taken apart in the back of the xterra since I can't bring it in the room at our hotel. 4 star ain't really all that cool to me. :mumble:

Hoping for the best with it locked up in the back. I guess, worst case, the insurance can't give me crap since it is locked in the truck if something were to happen.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
dhtahoe said:
Some one tried to steal our bikes off our hitch rack last week. I had them cable locked to the rack and so they tried to take the rack apart. It just enforced why I moved back to Tahoe from Reno. As soon as I came out of where we were eating I hopped in the car and started backing out. When I hit the brakes BAM the road bike fell off. I got out and sure enough... the rack had all kinds of hardware missing. F@ck I hate theives.
reno = :stosh:

B_A_MTBIKER

Monkey
May 4, 2004
Where the wild things are
One of my roommates had his bike stolen off the top of his car right outside our house once, didn't have his rack locked up, now I lock my rack up even if nothing is on it, and especially if my bike is on it.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It scares the crap outta me to leave my rack on top of my car here in Richmond VA. I have 6 lock cores on it, but I'm still scared....

On a sort of related note, I saw a Specilized BigHit w/SuperT locked up with a CABLE LOCK outside of our school library! Bike theft is rampant here at VCU. I was talking to one of the cops, and he said 300 bikes had been stolen in the first 2 weeks of school. I wanted to break the lock and take the dudes bike to my house, and leave a note for him with my number or somthing.
Then I ran into the guy about a week later, and told him how BAD of an idea that was. As if it were there just to prove my point, we rode by a bike rack, and his same cable was laying there on the ground in two pieces. I think I scared him enough for him to leave his bike in his dorm! (Cool guy though, got his number, we're gonna ride some street sometime)

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
About 5yrs ago a Thule roof rack was stolen off the top of my wife's car in her parent's driveway, in the burbs, at dinner time, in the middle of the summer!

-ska todd

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
BigMike said:
It scares the crap outta me to leave my rack on top of my car here in Richmond VA. I have 6 lock cores on it, but I'm still scared....

On a sort of related note, I saw a Specilized BigHit w/SuperT locked up with a CABLE LOCK outside of our school library! Bike theft is rampant here at VCU. I was talking to one of the cops, and he said 300 bikes had been stolen in the first 2 weeks of school. I wanted to break the lock and take the dudes bike to my house, and leave a note for him with my number or somthing.
Then I ran into the guy about a week later, and told him how BAD of an idea that was. As if it were there just to prove my point, we rode by a bike rack, and his same cable was laying there on the ground in two pieces. I think I scared him enough for him to leave his bike in his dorm! (Cool guy though, got his number, we're gonna ride some street sometime)
You sure you didn't see the real owner's cut cable on the rack and the guy you were talking to stole the bike? I'd cock punch him just for good measure.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My brother just had his Audi S4 stolen from his driveway. Police say it was probably an inside job, someone got his Vin# and made keys and a remote to drive the thing away.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
Holy Shoite is that gonna be a big payout for the insurance company........

-S.S.-
Get this, he had his wifes beat up old Volvo in the garage while his car sat in the open. And yes they are sickening yuppies.