Quantcast

i wanna see some freeride bikes

ciscofreak73

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Bremerton, WA
When I started building this bike, my plan was to build a light "all-mountain" bike. I didn't want another DH bike because I don't plan to race anymore. But here I am with a 38+ lb bike once again!!

BY the way before anyone asks, the fork is a Stratos SuperStar 6.0. It is basically a brand new fork. I haven't found another fork that feels as good as it (sooo plush). I know there is a weight penalty but damn does it feel good!!

Attachments

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
ShdowConspiracy said:
that bike looks sick what is it?
HOOD MUSSEL!

upgrades to the fork?
High/low compression adjusters, anti-bottoming system,non recirculating cartridge system..

BLING is right!
:dancing:

crash test

Chimp
Jan 26, 2005
Nepaug, CT
Bullitboyz said:
HOOD MUSSEL!

upgrades to the fork?
High/low compression adjusters, anti-bottoming system,non recirculating cartridge system..

BLING is right!
OBD, you riding that rig in 24hrs of adrenaline??

But seriously, whats with the pink??
Thats by far the most masculine looking pink bike i have ever seen.
"That's hot."

Bullitboyz

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
CT. USA
the pink is so i can 'ride like a girl' and still feel good about myself.
i might use it as a BACKUP bike for the 24 hour race...only as a last resort!
I know YOU can pedal that V10/11 uphill for an hour straight in 95 degree weather... but the REST of us are human!

the fork came with all the goodies. I scooped it up secondhand in new condition...CHEAP! (relatively)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Bullitboyz said:
HOOD MUSSEL!

upgrades to the fork?

BLING is right!
come on now. dont be modest. what about your other freeride bikes?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
oh me too, dont get me wrong... its pure tits, but everyones got one.... these bikes are kind of like ipods, everyones got to have one to fit in.

SD_TMTB

Chimp
Jun 26, 2005
Raleigh, NC
dirtjumpP.1 said:
oh me too, dont get me wrong... its pure tits, but everyones got one.... these bikes are kind of like ipods, everyones got to have one to fit in.
DHRs? what about SC Bullits? It seems like those are the probably the most ridden Big travel mtbs.

...That is a pretty kick ass ride.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
Shiver said:
Everyone has one!?

Your kidding right? Frame Alone sells for 2295 in the States! I went to Whistler and Mt-St-Anne and Bromont and I saw 2 others!
im talking about on rm.... its the bike to have here.... at the last race here in spokane i saw at leat 50+ dhrs

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
SD_TMTB said:
That Risse is nice you just need a fork to match. :thumb:

How mutch travel does that thing have?
It has 8" of travel, its adjustable, like every thing else on that frame...:)
I like the single crown fork on it for now, I would like to get a 66 170mm to try on it. I had a White Brothers dh2 on it before, but it is much more maneuverable for the trails I ride with the z150.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
dirtjumpP.1 said:
im talking about on rm.... its the bike to have here.... at the last race here in spokane i saw at leat 50+ dhrs
And E-13 Chainguides is a must to go with that DHR. Change isnt bad people.