Quantcast

I Want 24" Tires

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
I've been searching and researching and sadly, there's only slim pickins for 24" tires 2.3" or wider. I'm looking for a slick, or low-tread design, AND someone that has them in stock. THere's a few places I can buy from, but is there one place that has a good supply? What do you run and where did you get it? Thanks.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
I have a Kenda Kinetics StickE 24x2.6 on there right now and I'd like to go a bit lighter. I was interested in the KRad, but I'll have to find it in stock. Looks like my BMX fav, Primo Dirt Monster.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
DMR makes the MOTOs which are pretty sweet. I think they are only a 2.3 though. They are great for jumping, work pretty good at the park and for street. Do you want a bigger tire for the xtra volume? Or just aesthtics? curious. Oh, BTI carries DMR now, they should have full stock in 6 weeks.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
I like em fat for cush and b/c I have fatty rims. I really don't like the look of overly large tires, but I can live with it.

What to the MOTOs look like? Are they purty?

;)

BoyBoy

Monkey
Apr 17, 2003
washington DC
i really didn't like the launches very much.... too flimsy, and the tread wore down very quickly. i am not sure what duro they were (there wasn't an option). they honestly made my bike ride kinda crappy...

the 24" hookworms are incredible, and fatter than the launches.. and way better feeling. sweetest tire ever.

those DMRs look sweet as hell.

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Sweet. I slapped on a Kenda K-Rad 24x2.3 in the rear, and a Kenda Blue Groove 2.35 in the front. Rolls fast and feels good so far. I can't roll over rough stuff like I used to, but it'll learn me to be smoother I suppose. I have a Hookworm 24 waiting for me too so I'll try that soon.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
the k-rad is alright, sidewalls are a little thin, so you gotta run higher pressure...

ooo when you get that hookworm youll like it...as long as you dont mind the extra weight...
i was running hookworms on mag 30s, and you could run them at real low pressures cuase the sidewalls were so strong...but you can definitely feel the weight...950g i think...
but they can handle anything, and give tons of "cush"

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Funny. I picked up the Hookworm yesterday, noticed how heavy it was and decided it'll go on in the future since I was digging the lighter tires. Then I go and put a hole in my K-Rad a few hours later. Nothing a little electrical tape couldn't fix, tho.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by skinny
This is what the Motos look like. I almost wish I had 24s just so I could get these. But then I remember that I just built up a set of brand new 321s and I come back to reality :D
BTI lists both 24" and 26" DMR moto's, FYI. Both are 2.2's.