Quantcast

I want a no BS answer here....

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Can you ride your HT at Whistler? I keep hearing all this crap about it not being leagal and I want a solid sourse on weather or not this is true!!! I was planning on going to Whistler with my bro who only has a HT (thats all he can afford) and I want to know the freaking truth!!!!!:angry:

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by remi
you want no BS ...

Go ask pinkbike !!!
What's up with the FU????

He just wants to know if he can ride a HT at whistler or not.

Ice Bullit, I would e-mail the resort and get your answer directly from them.

kail

Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
Montana
Most of the trails I rode up there would be a blast on a hardtail, including A-line and Dirt Merchant. I saw plenty of people on hardtails there.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by kail
Most of the trails I rode up there would be a blast on a hardtail, including A-line and Dirt Merchant. I saw plenty of people on hardtails there.
What's that song called? It's about breakin' the law? I think it's called "Breakin' the law"

"Breakin' the law, breakin' the law....."

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by remi
you want no BS ...

Go ask pinkbike !!!
simma down there Chachi... he was only asking a question.

There's no need to go all "FU" on him... do you need a time out?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
Can you ride your HT at Whistler? I keep hearing all this crap about it not being leagal and I want a solid sourse on weather or not this is true!!! I was planning on going to Whistler with my bro who only has a HT (thats all he can afford) and I want to know the freaking truth!!!!!:angry:
ok relax the other thread is just one big joke....yes you can ride an HT ANYWHERE that is a legal trail in BC...for your own sanity, don't believe everything you read on the internet....D

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Thanks for all that gave me a REAL answer....

Sorry I just read all that crap last night at 2am so I was a little confused about the whole damn thing so thanks for giving me a strait up answer. :thumb:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Originally posted by BMXman
ok relax the other thread is just one big joke....yes you can ride an HT ANYWHERE that is a legal trail in BC...for your own sanity, don't believe everything you read on the internet....D
But it does have to be a HT made in Canada. Don't be bringin' none of those US made cheepo bikes up there. Your just asking for trouble then.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by jimmydean
But it does have to be a HT made in Canada. Don't be bringin' none of those US made cheepo bikes up there. Your just asking for trouble then.
Come on you know that's not true. The hardtail in question must be made somewhere in the commonwealth, not just BC. That's the only stipulation.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by BMXman
dude, we're being serious....

on an unrelated note, i'm offering a new english course called "how to read between the lines"...

excuse me, i have to give my bank account number to a Nigerian Diplomat...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
To be totally serious since the cat is out of the bag. Garbonzo initially (when it opened in the fall last year) did NOT allow ht's or lack of armour. I believe they eventually allowed ht's on there in the end but they did plan not to.

I don't believe (haven't heard anything) about this being a true this year but I know they are examining how to reduce injuries by requiring a certain amount of armour etc. But that is conjecture at this point.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Roasted
To be totally serious since the cat is out of the bag. Garbonzo initially (when it opened in the fall last year) did NOT allow ht's or lack of armour. I believe they eventually allowed ht's on there in the end but they did plan not to.

I don't believe (haven't heard anything) about this being a true this year but I know they are examining how to reduce injuries by requiring a certain amount of armour etc. But that is conjecture at this point.
armor is good. I like people having to buy armor, as most canadians buy it from me. so yippee! :p

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I can see having no Full face, or pads etc...that they should not allow you to ride a course. Here you can't ride a friggen BMX bike without long pants/shirt/and helment. That's just clothing on you not all the rules to the bike.

Hardtails are accepted everywhere that full suspension is. It's like Visa or Mastercard. It's everywhere.

You better be semi-smooth riding a Hardtail though.........I imagine some bumpy landings or harsh landings if not :)

As long as the bike is up to par, then all is cool. Now for having knee/shin guards, chest protectors, gloves, helemt etc...that is necessary. It is amazing that people aren't armored up and wanna go ride Whistler or N*. All it took was one fall for me and my arse was in full armor.

Don't travel with out. I can't imagine going to Canada and not being allowed to ride because I don't have my knee/shin guards. But for their safty and your safty it should be mandatory. Don't be surprised if it comes down to that from retards hurting themself.