Quantcast

I want to move to Europe.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
partsbara said:
europe is overrated
So true. I'm going back to Cali tomorrow after over 9 months over here in Spain. Europe seems like a golden wonderland at first, but after awhile, you realize people are just people, and no one place is really all that much different than another. So many people in such a small place, and with such a large emphasis on the big cities.

p.s. Don't go far from the Mediteranean.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My boss wanted me to move to South East Germany a few years back. It would have been a wonderful opportunity but some family issues made it impossible. Not to mention I know a bit of French and Italian but not a single word of German.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Westy said:
My boss wanted me to move to South East Germany a few years back. It would have been a wonderful opportunity but some family issues made it impossible. Not to mention I know a bit of French and Italian but not a single word of German.
Luftkopf!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bjern Fita said:
I'm moving to Norway in 2 weeks. Free education, even as a foreigner. Free health care too. Really strict rules for getting residency though, lucky for me I've got a knocked up Norwegian girlfriend.
It ain't free.... :rolleyes: Have you seen the price of booze in that country? :eek:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Westy said:
Mmmmm.... Munich.... Berchtesgaden.... Salzburg.... :drool:

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
fluff said:
You are trolling, aren't you?
actually no... and for the record i never met any swiss folks who spoke italian... i guess it depend how close to the border you are... the parts of switzerland we used to frequent (lauterbrunen and the surrounding area) used their own flavour of german... likewise with austria - in the tirol region especially...

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
partsbara said:
actually no... and for the record i never met any swiss folks who spoke italian... i guess it depend how close to the border you are... the parts of switzerland we used to frequent (lauterbrunen and the surrounding area) used their own flavour of german... likewise with austria - in the tirol region especially...
Ok, but the Germans are not all of Europe. I know that they want to be but thankfully they've not managed it yet. Their reputation for arrogance is not entirely undeserved, especially the Swiss and Austrians.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
Europe is overrated....who rated us in the first place ?

Reader's Digest, Playboy or Guns & Ammo magazine ?