Quantcast

I was in my garage...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
and I realized the gas in my gas can has appreciated about 40%....nice increase, I should sell

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
my barn has 55 gallon drums from last summer filled with gas still. I love not worrying about filling the small engines, and dirt bike. We only have about 60 gallons of diesel left.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
my barn has 55 gallon drums from last summer filled with gas still. I love not worrying about filling the small engines, and dirt bike. We only have about 60 gallons of diesel left.
Thats going to suck to refill

dudeman

Chimp
Mar 28, 2008
Oly
Most credit cards limit you to $75 bucks at the pump. If you drive a big rig you can't even fill your tank. > 17 gallons. I am not sure it makes a lot of sense since most pumps ask for a pin or zip code? A lot of places never ask for ID anyways.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Most credit cards limit you to $75 bucks at the pump. If you drive a big rig you can't even fill your tank. > 17 gallons. I am not sure it makes a lot of sense since most pumps ask for a pin or zip code? A lot of places never ask for ID anyways.
Wow, I didn't know that.....I'm surprised the CC companies would limit your ability to spend. Maybe it’s the credit crunch :p

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Wow, I didn't know that.....I'm surprised the CC companies would limit your ability to spend. Maybe it’s the credit crunch :p
It's because the gas station puts a hold on the money when you start to pump. It is $75 because nobody used to be able to get that much gas into anything. You can just run two transactions to fill up.

dudeman

Chimp
Mar 28, 2008
Oly
True but their are velocity checks also which will throw card into a fraud queue. Gas is the number CC fraud so I am not sure how many times you could repeat this transaction before it gets marked? I understand the rational but now that gas prices are high the threshold seems too low.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
It really depends on your location/station/cc. Ive watched a couple guys fill up a fuel tank completely at a station in Maui. The gas station nearest me stops at $50. another stops at $100 in dc... etc etc. You just have to pay attention.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I didn't think credit cards had a max on gas. I know Debit/Credit do.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
Seems everywhere I have looked has said gas goes bad after after a few months, even as soon as 30 days? You use some sort of fuel stabilizer?
give the petrol a good shake or treat it and it'll be fine, depends on what state it's in.

didn't start up my volkswagen for 9 months and when I did all I had to do was prime the carb with some fresh petrol until it started pumping the stuff it had in it before and ran rather well. Took about a thimbleful of petrol to get it going rightly again.

also, I've had the same 5gal gas can for my lawnmower for quite some time now and I haven't refilled it yet, petrol still works fine.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
the gas doesnt go bad, we put fuel stabilizer in the diesel. I start work at a shell station next week. My friend worked there last year and he said when he pumped gas if the person said cash he would do credit, but use his credit card and pocket the cash. Because shell charges less when you have a shell card he would make ~ 15 - 25 cents a gallon + get some kind of bonus points for something. Not really ripping off the consumer, just the system.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Some gas stations limit the pay at the pump to $50 or $75. Most don't. The ones that do you can pay inside with your card for any amount. It is only the pay at the pump that is limited because the cc companies are responsible for all fradulent balances over $50.