Quantcast

I was propositioned yesterday

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Yesterday my afternoon class was cancelled, so I called a friend to see if he wanted to go fishing. He's out of work and agreed. We decided to hit a small pond in the corner of the Fells reservation outside of Boston. We were NOT fishing the resevoir. I had already spoken to MDC cops who said we were OK where we were.
So anyway, I get to the lot first. The parking lot is FREAKY. Lots of gay guys hang out for "rendezvous" in the woods. It sucks b/c there are a lot of families there.
So I am leaning against my truck, when a nasty looking old guy rolls up next to me in an old Taurus wagon. He looked like a steretypical child molester- a fat, bald, middle-aged slob.
Here is the gist of our conversation. As soon as I saw that he had seen me, I realized what a bad idea it was to be just standing there, leaning against my truck.
Him: "Wow, those are some bright glasses." (I was wearing my O Straight Jackets)
Me: "Bright day."
Him: "Lots of people here today."
Me: "Yup."
Him: "What do you think they are all here for?"
Me: "Don't know."
I was trying to keep my answers as brief as possible.
At some point, I told him that I was there to go fishing. Can't remember how I mentioned it. I thought that by keeping my answers as brief and uninterested as possible, he woulf get the hint and leave. But as soon as I mentioned that I was meeting somsone to go fishing, I realized what a mistake that was, from an inuendo stand point.
Pretty soon he said,
"So, ah, fishing for dangling worms? Know what I mean? (giggling)"
I almost died. I was like, Did I really just hear him say that? I just shrugged. Then my phone rang. As soon as he heard me say, "Hey, whats up dude. Where you at?" he must have realized that I was telling the truth and he left. I never felt endangered, it was just f*ed up. I have a few gay friends, but they don't proposition me. The thougt of people turning a heavily trafficed nature area into a place for deviant sexual meetings is just nasty, regardless of sexuality. The Fells are getting out of hand again. There was a lot of this stuff going on up intil ~ the mid/late 90's, but then it faded away. Now its back. We see guys meeting up in the woods all the time. I don't know if they are all NAMBLA members and are all working from the same playbook, but it is always the same scenario. There is a small boarded up bath-house looking building near the parking lot. When we some back from fishing, we see this all the time b/c they cannot see us coming. One guy will stand/wait towards the end of the building that is farthest from the lot. Then someone will walk over from the lot. The make eye contact. The 'new arrival' will then walk around their end of the building. Then the original person will wait a minute, then circle around from their end. Then they (fortunately) disappear behind an embankment.
I don't think it is wrong for me to be repulsed by stuff like this. With all the STD's going around, having random sex in the woods isn't the healthiest of lifestyles. It was a surreal experience, to say the least. I thought afterwards that I should have led him on to see if he produced any money, then taken it from him and left.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Freaky man. I have had a weird proposition like that once or twice. Even had some guy try and follow/chase me down in his car once. Man, I wish these pervs would just go get a room. Especially in this day and age. They should use the internet to find "friends" and then go to a No tell motel. I too also hate it when nice places get turned into gay (or straight) sex parks.

Dang National Association of Marlon Brando Look Alikes!

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Yeah we have a place like this by my house to, it is a county park and there are some great trails, up on the one ridge of the park, is known as the "gay" or ghey area. And we always come up on dudes in the woods making out. It really isnt cool at all, like posted above, i have some friends that are gay, but not in a nasty way like this. The situation pinacled last summer while we were on a group night ride that happens to go through that area of the park...We came around a turn and what did your nightriders hit...2 guys having sex. The image is burned into my brain. But honestly this type of situation sucks, get an apt or something...:mumble:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I forgot to mention Naked Guy as a way of putting my experience a little bit more into perspective. I haven't been night riding in a couple of years, but when I was doing a lot, it was in the same reservation as the one I just wrote about. Almost every ride, we would see Naked Guy. This dude would run the trails buck naked in the middle of the night. He was enough to cause a double take, but didn't elicit any negative feelings. If someone wants to run around naked in the woods in the middle of the night, than whatever. To each his own. The woods are off-limits at night, which is one of the reasons I stopped night riding there (reason stems from horrific multi-user debate). So he, in a way, wasn't being any more illegal than we the riders were. But when folks are getting their jollies at a public park in the middle of the afternoon, that is just so wrong.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
theres a place just like that here...where the gay guys meet up. its a shut down exit to the state highway, but it's along the powerlines and heads deep into the woods.

as for being propositioned, i too have been there. And I'm only 15 years old!! :eek: I was riding in boston with some guys from work and we walked to the deli to get meats to grill and when we got out of the deli, he came up to me, actually touched me by putting his arm around me, and asked if i wanted to "head out back". not one of my favorite riding experiences :stosh:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
manhattanprjkt83 said:
...We came around a turn and what did your nightriders hit...2 guys having sex.

full moon?

sorry couldn't resist the bad pun

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
Repack said:
Lots of gay guys hang out for "rendezvous" in the woods. It sucks b/c there are a lot of families there.
So I am leaning against my truck, when a nasty looking old guy rolls up next to me in an old Taurus wagon. He looked like a steretypical child molester- a fat, bald, middle-aged slob.

Repack said:
I don't know if they are all NAMBLA members and are all working from the same playbook, but it is always the same scenario.
Sounds like you've got gay guys looking for easy sex mixed up with child molesters. Nice. :nope:

Sucks that these guys are bringing that area down though. Why not get a big ol' air horn and when you seen them sneak off, give it a couple of minutes and let it rip! Or a loud ass siren. That would be fun :evil:

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
riderx said:
Sounds like you've got gay guys looking for easy sex mixed up with child molesters. Nice. :nope:
Sorry. That was a mix of cynicism/sarcasm. Its just wierd how many times I have seen the same scenario with different people. It is mostly younger guys waiting for older guys. Please do not mistake this for an anti-gay rant. This is only a rant against bizzare sexual encounters in public spaces interfering with my (and everyone elses) ability to enjoy a nice afternoon in the woods.

fanatical

Chimp
May 23, 2004
NJ
I was on a 5-hour drive last weekend and I got a little drowsy (very common for me) so I stopped at a rest stop to get some air and take a nap. Well, some clown was hanging around there looking for some action and he started walking around my car as I’m trying to sleep. He literally walked around my car twice with his button down shirt open and was staring at me, so I freaked out and left. I’m glad I’m not a girl, crap like that will happen to us guys once or twice in our lives. With chicks, freaks try **** with them all the time. :nope:

McT

Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
Texas
I was 'propositioned' in a bus station once. Some young Brazilian guy. Asked me if I made out with other guys.

I moved to the otherside of the bus station after that.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
**** thats nasty, i dont think i could ever take that, id probably flip and break the guys face.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Toshi said:
"Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock?"

heh. please note that i found that page through google (after reading the original onion article), NOT by browsing around hotbears.com :eek: . that is all.
That was some funny sh1t - I love the Onion. Never actually been propositioned by a gay dude - thankfully - and I'm not a violent person, but I think I'd turn into a violent redneck pretty quick if I had some dude chasing me down in his car - or walking around the outside of mine while I tried to sleep as described above.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
fanatical said:
I was on a 5-hour drive last weekend and I got a little drowsy (very common for me) so I stopped at a rest stop to get some air and take a nap. Well, some clown was hanging around there looking for some action and he started walking around my car as I’m trying to sleep. He literally walked around my car twice with his button down shirt open and was staring at me, so I freaked out and left. I’m glad I’m not a girl, crap like that will happen to us guys once or twice in our lives. With chicks, freaks try **** with them all the time. :nope:

Tha'ts why I carry my trusty old BAT right next to my seat. Also within close range is my trusty KNIFE and MAGLITE.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Dog Welder said:
Tha'ts why I carry my trusty old BAT right next to my seat. Also within close range is my trusty KNIFE and MAGLITE.
Road-trips are the only time I'll carry my 9mm in my car - for that very reason. I leave it @ home the rest of the time - too prone to road rage to be carrying a gun (or bat, etc...) around most the time.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Toshi said:
"Why Do All These Homosexuals Keep Sucking My Cock?"

heh. please note that i found that page through google (after reading the original onion article), NOT by browsing around hotbears.com :eek: . that is all.
classic stuff. i immediately thought of that Onion piece too.

"I tell you, when a homosexual is sucking your c0ck, a lot of strange thoughts go through your head: How the hell did this happen? Where did this fairy ever get the idea that I was gay? And where did he get those fantastic boots?"

hahahahaha