Quantcast

I5 Troll's 2007 Stinky Deluxe Pinched!

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Hey Y'All,

My 2007 Stinky Deluxe was stolen on Friday. I heard there were sites you could post on to spread the word, and at least make it harder to re-sell! Anybody have any advice?

It was stock except for a few things that would stand out:
  • dent in the down tube -- 1/4 of the way up from the bottom bracket
  • 1 folding 2.5" nevegal and 1 DH wire bead 2.5" nevegal (it's all I had :) )
  • Titec telescoping seat post
  • broken XT rear shifter gear indicator (the silly thing on the shifter that tells you what gear you're in)
  • replaced the coil spring with a 375 lb spring

Specs here:
http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k7/STINKYDELUXE/index.html

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
I'd loaned it to a buddy and his W Seattle house was broken into. He got the worst of it... laptop taken!

Thanks for the offer! But I actually have my Heckler really dialed right now... so it won't keep me off the trail :)

mwestra2

Monkey
Dec 4, 2007
Thanks for keeping an eye out! It's looking like my insurance may cover it (minus the deductible). So I'm gonna get that process rolling.

DHmaverick

Chimp
Sep 8, 2008
this happened to a guy i know and he put his name and address and phone number on a note card and put it in a bag then put it in his seat post. When his bike got stollen he called every bike shop around and told them the model bike and if they get one in to look in the seat post for his infoa and about 3 weeks later some guy took it into the shop to try to trade for a new bike

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
this happened to a guy i know and he put his name and address and phone number on a note card and put it in a bag then put it in his seat post. When his bike got stollen he called every bike shop around and told them the model bike and if they get one in to look in the seat post for his infoa and about 3 weeks later some guy took it into the shop to try to trade for a new bike
That is a brilliant idea! I know what I'm going to be doing to my bikes very soon.