Quantcast

Icycle 2008 02-02-2008

Wes D

Chimp
Jan 3, 2005
The Icycle is going down on February 2nd. 2008​
. We have it up on active (click me) The Specialized demo trailer will be there with all the 2008 bikes for you to try out. Hope to see you out there.

Thanks
Wes

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
it's more of a celebration of icy inebriation than it is a race. so much friggin fun. usually sloppy mud during practice that freezes into groomed ice by nightfall. i've been going religiously for the past 4 or 5 years now and wouldn't miss it for the world. i should probably go ahead and reserve a cycletherapy cabin while i still have some money in my wallet ;)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
it's more of a celebration of icy inebriation than it is a race. so much friggin fun. usually sloppy mud during practice that freezes into groomed ice by nightfall. i've been going religiously for the past 4 or 5 years now and wouldn't miss it for the world. i should probably go ahead and reserve a cycletherapy cabin while i still have some money in my wallet ;)
Don't forget your riot gear and tear gas this time. :thumb:

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
I'll be trying to get back there this year. Missed last year cause I was stuck in the permanant icycle that is western NY. I'll probably race on a HT and might even prerun the course once or twice this time.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
Here is a video that www.Sirbikesalot.com did from Last years XC and Night DH race - good times

<embed src="http://www.sirbikesalot.com/uploads_video/2008/Icycle_Race_2007.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="525" height="340"></embed>

dang not embedding the file Go HERE

butch you let me know if you need me to smack you around this year :clapping: or lights like last year.

Here full videos of the Dh course night and day

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
nice vids, thanks! now i have something to show noah...he's a little unsure about trying it out this year. i told him it's easier than dark mountain...just more slippery ;)

can't wait!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Here is a video that www.Sirbikesalot.com did from Last years XC and Night DH race - good times

<embed src="http://www.sirbikesalot.com/uploads_video/2008/Icycle_Race_2007.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="525" height="340"></embed>

dang not embedding the file Go HERE

butch you let me know if you need to smack you around this year :clapping: or lights like last year.

Here full videos of the Dh course night and day
This year, I'd say I may have to borrow lights and a set of wheels. Courtesy of local's bro'ing up and selling me beater parts for cheap, I'm lacking a front derailleur and wheels only for the hardtail to come together.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
holy hell the cabin prices went up! i got us a 2 bdrm cabin last year for just over $100...now it's $165 after the discount! eff that, i think i might just drive back sat night.