Quantcast

Idaho State DH championships TOMMORROW!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I just found out that tamarack is hosting the state championships tommorrow. racing starts at 10, that's all I know. see some of ya'll there.

Kyle,

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
race went down good. dry on first run, but the rain on the second run made it pretty interesting. pretty long race, seven and a half minutes was the norm for the experts and semipros/pros.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
^^ yeah, it was pretty fun, I wish I would have had a chance to learn the course. 2 practice runs then race! I ended up with a 7:34, not bad, but I could have done better.

the race was run fairly well, my one major complaint was the lack of taping. you could have cut out so many corners on that course, I don't know how honest some people were, but that's racing I guess.

Tamarack has a lot of potential. if they build more tech trails like stage fright, and the other black one at the top, they will have a great chance at becoming a MTB destination. the super G run was a lot like Whistler's crank it up, a lot of burms, soem wall rides and quite a few medium sized tables. If tamarack keeps on the track they are now, they will have a great biking resort in a few years.

Kyle,

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
dude! whats up? i'm sure you remember me. silver intense with white fox fork. i didn't know you were on here. you doing any other races this year? or are you in alaska yet?
dang, i know i've seen your posts before too!
but yea i totally remember your, and you buddy! but yea, unfortunatly i am back in Alaska.. doing school and crap :( and yesterday i was doing some "urban dh" because my subdivision is on a huge hillside and its really odd terrain here, so like all the houses are on a hill and have sweet yards you can burm off and i was hauling ass around a corner and hit gravel and peeled open my knee and i could totally seen the bone below my knee cap until the blood pooled up to bad!! and i got stitches and stuff but they got gravel out and stuff first, so yea... i wish i was still in idaho!!

kyle, i got my pics from the kinetixphoto.com website also, so i would also like to know what are the other ones, if anybody knows??? and what were you riding, i probably would remember???

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Got out there this weekend - the fires stayed away enough to where they were open. Good stuff for sure. Smoke Jumper>Rock Star had to be my favorite run. Hell, the blue trails were awesome rips - especially Super G and Hockey Mom. Braptastic!
That jump park looks sick - too bad we were spent and my brake lever was busted by the time we finally found it. Next time. They'll likely have a straight-up dh run ready by the next time we head that way...which we'll have to spend at least 3-4 days to make it worthwhile. Not that 2 days wasn't.