Quantcast

Idea..

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
After coming home from whistler, aside from the amazing trails something that absolutely made my day was the 3 water fountains at the lift line area! I am sure diablo could hook atleast one up near the lifts eh?

sweetbabyd

Chimp
May 20, 2007
Bucks County, PA
when i'm at the bottom of the lift, taking a break or waiting or friends, i often wish there was just a little shade on those really hot days. a tarp, plywood, anything. something inexpensive and could be easily removed for the ski season if necessary.

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
yeah i know for a fact those white tents they use for the mechanic area are about 100bucks at walmart/costco any of those stores.. but a water fountain would be awesome.. run some hose out there.. hook it up.

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
110% agree...water and shade. DH riding warrants lotsa gear, which is the opposite of what you should be wearing in the summer, ha.

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
Yeah ,I made that suggestion last year about having some sort of shaded area for the riders ,Like you said they could put up a little tent or tarp over the seated area just so we can cool down abit after our runs . That sun when its 90degr and humid can really melt you.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
I'm still pretty keen (sweet I found an appropriate time to use the word keen) on a super kicker into the tarzan swing pool.

gusvar

Chimp
Jun 10, 2008
when i'm at the bottom of the lift, taking a break or waiting or friends, i often wish there was just a little shade on those really hot days. a tarp, plywood, anything. something inexpensive and could be easily removed for the ski season if necessary.

uhm there is a giant tent with picnic tables doesnt that count?

KPOP

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
soon to be california
Yeah ,I made that suggestion last year about having some sort of shaded area for the riders ,Like you said they could put up a little tent or tarp over the seated area just so we can cool down abit after our runs . That sun when its 90degr and humid can really melt you.
well i was going to get a huge tent by where you guys sit at the base by the gondola, I am still thinking about it, because even when I ride on those hot days myself it sucks, so eventually I will probably get a cheap tent from wal mart or somethin

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
well i was going to get a huge tent by where you guys sit at the base by the gondola, I am still thinking about it, because even when I ride on those hot days myself it sucks, so eventually I will probably get a cheap tent from wal mart or somethin
It took you how long Samantha to get your bike, and now you have $ to blow on a tent? Buy bike parts instead.

KPOP

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
soon to be california
Ok ya got me there haha, yeah took me a while to finally get a bike, thankfully I will be having two jobs this winter so I can save on those parts and maybe a new bike :cheers:

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
i am gonna hook up a 4 inch thick fire hose and whoever complains that they are sweaty and hot and cant walk/ride to the giant tent 30 feet behind you( no exageration) i am going to eliminate you with extreme water force.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
joey, shut the **** up and there are a couple "ez-ups" in the back room so if someone was that interested they could probably talk to Jamie about it and work something out, but i can be pretty certain in saying that neither him nor ne1 else working has interest in setting those up and taking them down every day...haha

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
yea the lifties are way too busy play fighting and giving riders a hard time about ticket placement...

i bet the kid working the concsession stand near the lift would support a water fountain so he doesnt have to keep filling cups of water all day...

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
there is a water fountain in the lodge directly across from the lift.
That isn't the point, at whistler the water fountains are while your in line, and there's one on the way over towards the start of a-line, it's easy and is really nice. If diablo had that it would be really cool.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
what is that like five bucks? is it really worth complaining about on a forum? its never gonna happen. and if you like whistler so much go move there.

Hamburgler

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
what is that like five bucks? is it really worth complaining about on a forum? its never gonna happen. and if you like whistler so much go move there.
You do realize how much of pain it is to lug a cooler, or any large amount of water down the parking lot, AND OVER A BRIDGE...and then more. to get there...?

Its a reasonable request...should have taken a poll at the beginning of the season: water fountain at base or another huge box (reality show)? or how about a water fountain instead of "indycross" ? i bet you would be surprised at how much the needs of the customers conflict with the mountain's priorities.

but i dont expect you to read this and take anything from it, afterall you are just the diablo post whore.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
or do what snowshoe does and just stick a couple 5 gallon water jugs out there. 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. What are they like $20 each?

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
guys stop the bitchin, all you have to do is bring a gallon of water with you and leave it at the bottom. you can sip on it while your "waiting" on line even tho theres never a line. and if its to hot out stay home. :nopity::nopity:

DHJUNKIE

Monkey
Sep 27, 2001
Cromwell, CT
i didn't realize it was such a crazy idea.... and yes i do bring water jugs, just thought it'd be easier than lugging water to sit and get hot.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i dont understand whats so hard about walking 50 feet either. i mean the water fountain in the lodge is ice cold.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Its a reasonable request...should have taken a poll at the beginning of the season: water fountain at base or another huge box (reality show)? or how about a water fountain instead of "indycross" ? i bet you would be surprised at how much the needs of the customers conflict with the mountain's priorities.
FYI -

-Free & Cold water is provided 50 feet away in the Mt. Express building. Water directly at the lift is not necessary since there is water so close to the gondola already. If you are so concerned about Hydration and feel that 50 feet is too far to walk, why not wear a hydration pack?

-It is your opinion that a Water Jug at the bottom is more "needed" than new trail improvements, however, our information suggests otherwise. We receive nearly 100 emails per week with suggestions and comments and a water jug at the bottom of the gondola is never one of them, while trail recommendations are constant.