Quantcast

Idiots and horsepower dont mix...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Got a call last night at 0230...one of my troops rolled his convertible Camaro at 110 mph on the way to Inn N Out. CHP tells me his is going to die, but when I got to hospital he was okay, fractured clavicle, concussed and alot of road rash...he got off light. Lighter then he should have. When he is released I plan on breaking off his lead foot and beatin him over the head with it...

He had been warned about his driving...I talked to his Dad, who told me Jr. also has a Corvette at home. I told him to keep it at home, Jr needs a Yugo. Or a tricycle.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I would only be incensed if he had been returning from in-n-out and had wasted a double-double in the wreck.

I bet your ****bird has plenty of excuses and tough-guy analysis for you and his chowhall buddies as to why he destroyed his Drakkar-scented guido penis extender.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Alive after rolling a convertible at 110 mph? Well, at least that seems to indicate that he has enough sense to wear a seatbelt...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Alive after rolling a convertible at 110 mph? Well, at least that seems to indicate that he has enough sense to wear a seatbelt...
Indeed...lucky fvcker needs to buy lottery tickets.

Wake up this morning to my duty cel phone ringing. We had ANOTHER roll over wreck this morning. Guy heading home after work, falls asleepdriftsintomedianwakesupandovercorrects...shoots back across road, goes airborne off the road into the desert across the 2 lane road. Flips who knows how many times, ends up right side up, finds his phone and calls in his own accident. Walks away with one scratch on his jaw. What a weekend...I need to go back to work so I can get some rest...

And yeah...Drakkar scented penis extender...classic!

Last edited:

thanza

Chimp
Aug 20, 2009
Tally Nasty, Fl
Yea, I understand the lust with cars and us Americans, but I believe there needs to be restrictions for horsepower and age requirements, as well as some sort of test for ability to handle the car. However, I would much rather see no sports car on the road, but im also a extremist.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Yea, I understand the lust with cars and us Americans, but I believe there needs to be restrictions for horsepower and age requirements, as well as some sort of test for ability to handle the car. However, I would much rather see no sports car on the road, but im also a extremist.
commie

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
BS. Young guys will race ANYTHING they can get their hands on. I remember racing an ancient 1977 Camaro (305 v8, 3sp auto with 140 SCREAMING horsepower) against a friend's late-80s Plymouth Sundance (2.2l, 93hp) back in high school. Only dumb luck kept us from ending up like JohnE's war buddies.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
BS. Young guys will race ANYTHING they can get their hands on. I remember racing an ancient 1977 Camaro (305 v8, 3sp auto with 140 SCREAMING horsepower) against a friend's late-80s Plymouth Sundance (2.2l, 93hp) back in high school. Only dumb luck kept us from ending up like JohnE's war buddies.
Werd. I raced the sh*t out of my parents 1986 Mercury Sable. Kidz iz dum.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My other thought was "jeez, you don't need 300hp to get something up to 110mph. I'm pretty sure my friend got his Chevette up to that speed, although we'll never know since the speedo only went to 85. Was probably 20mph past that, though..." :)

Speedo on my first car, '85 T-bird, only went to 85 mph. I was (un)lucky enough to have a cop let me know it went 97 mph when maxed out.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My other thought was "jeez, you don't need 300hp to get something up to 110mph. I'm pretty sure my friend got his Chevette up to that speed, although we'll never know since the speedo only went to 85. Was probably 20mph past that, though..." :)
My dear mother got a ticket for 97 mph in an entirely gutless 106 hp slushbox Civic DX. It must have been down a big hill. :rofl: I guess boredom, 70 mph speedlimits, and entirely straight roads on the way to Spokane got the best of her.