Quantcast

if saturday is rained out at w.rock

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ben just informed me that harpers bike shop has very generously offered to have an impromtu video session at their shop saturday night, if that day is a washout, and ya'll are bursting out of your skin with pent up energy.
there's a small neighborhood bar next door called unionjacks, for your whoopinitup pleasure.

as of now this is still up in the air.
i'll be at the rock saturday regardless of the weather. and if it looks like riding is out of the question, then that would be a very cool option.

thank you john.
that's an offer i won't soon forget.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
For your potential view pleasure Harpers Bike Shop located in Knoxville has every current and new release movie you could want. New additions being Earthed 3 and Hypnosis. And Union Jacks Pub has pool tables, darts, fooseball, and BEER. Tentative schedule puts the start time to be around 9:00pm Saturday night.

Joey,
Please let me know if there is any interest in this function as I will need to let John know asap or there abouts.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
thanks for the additional info.
i'm out of the loop on such matters.

i'm sure if that's something john is fired up about, he'll have no trouble filling the place up.

i would imagine that some kind of decision on riding or not will be made by about 1 or 2 o'clock.
i hope that's enough notice for him.

i'll stay in touch with you as the day progresses saturday.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
thanks for the additional info.
i'm out of the loop on such matters.

i'm sure if that's something john is fired up about, he'll have no trouble filling the place up.

i would imagine that some kind of decision on riding or not will be made by about 1 or 2 o'clock.
i hope that's enough notice for him.

i'll stay in touch with you as the day progresses saturday.

10-4 good buddy

BKQuill said:
Windrock is near KNOXVILLE, not Nashville, that's about a 3 hour trip oneway.

Yeah, but it depends how he comes to Windrock from Michigan. But at least I told him where an indoor skatepark is. I live right in between Knoxville and Nashville so I know where Windrock is at.

b stevens

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
us michigan people who are not lost come straight down to windrock and get no where near nashville.

not make it stop raining damm it!:banghead:

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
JeffD said:
Any skateparks in the area?
yeah, not yet.
Heard on the radio there will be one built at TYSON park in Knoxville by a professional builder... Maybe some renwed interest in rollerblades again too. I urban bladed in Ft.Lauderdale 2x a week for 2 years straight. Just wear baggie clothes & you're fine....It's a killer workout..You can do big moves too. Simple sport,throw them in a backpack ..

The twinkle toes type i believe killed blading with thier short tightfitting clothing & floaty totally ghay style.It only takes one or two & people think ALL bladers are like that.{NOT}So people didn't do it i guess..

Urban & agressive skaters are far from that.Indoor Olympic racing is ok..& DH blading in California !

tgaines72

Monkey
Jul 28, 2002
Knoxville, TN
dhbuilder said:
ben just informed me that harpers bike shop has very generously offered to have an impromtu video session at their shop saturday night, if that day is a washout, and ya'll are bursting out of your skin with pent up energy.
there's a small neighborhood bar next door called unionjacks, for your whoopinitup pleasure.

as of now this is still up in the air.
i'll be at the rock saturday regardless of the weather. and if it looks like riding is out of the question, then that would be a very cool option.

thank you john.
that's an offer i won't soon forget.
Doesn't ROAM come out soon?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
dammit Joey....Saturday is the day for me. Wife will be at sister's house to take the little ones off her mind while I'm gone for the day. Sunday riding will get me hated for leaving a 2 year old and 6 week old with a wife stuck in a house for far too long....where's that brick wall thingie....

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
bizutch said:
dammit Joey....Saturday is the day for me. Wife will be at sister's house to take the little ones off her mind while I'm gone for the day. Sunday riding will get me hated for leaving a 2 year old and 6 week old with a wife stuck in a house for far too long....where's that brick wall thingie....
Thats life man!!!! Family first, then biking.....

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
I hear ya. I would be riding my bike around with a bag of luggage looking for a place to sleep if I did that. Anywhoo. Trying to plan for next Saturday if you guys could do that. FYI, this is Ashley Appling Cecil & Butch. What's up!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
speed racer said:
I hear ya. I would be riding my bike around with a bag of luggage looking for a place to sleep if I did that. Anywhoo. Trying to plan for next Saturday if you guys could do that. FYI, this is Ashley Appling Cecil & Butch. What's up!
Word!!! As of right now I am not coming up. I will, if I see the weather gets better and someone keeps the post going on conditions. Please keep us informed.

Cecil

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Tornado Warnings and HEAVY thunderstorms in Nashville right now...heading you guys' way.

I think the worst of it hit the midstate - hopefully you guys don't get it bad like gallatin(sumner county) and warren county, 10 people reported dead as of now. I don't think it will get that bad in Windrock b/c of the Cumberland Plateau. I believe gallatin got it hard b/c it's so flat there and it's near the lake. to bad for the Lock 4 trail they got there. It's an XC trail tho but fun.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
jamasonbmbry said:
I think the worst of it hit the midstate - hopefully you guys don't get it bad like gallatin(sumner county) and warren county, 10 people reported dead as of now. I don't think it will get that bad in Windrock b/c of the Cumberland Plateau. I believe gallatin got it hard b/c it's so flat there and it's near the lake. to bad for the Lock 4 trail they got there. It's an XC trail tho but fun.
Lock4 fun? I mean, its a trail, I guess, if thats what you mean:rofl:

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
bizutch said:
so....what's there to do in Oliver Springs...besides drinkin' and uh shootin'?
Speaking for myself, having a good sized place here, there is always something to mow or weed eat not including the 3 acres at another residence I take care of this time of the year. If any of you guys come in from Oak Ridge to "The Rock" then you pass by the family business that I help keep going, so that's something to do. Oh yeah I am also a twice elected city official here in our little town of 3300 serving on no less than 3 different city boards and 1 county, so there are monthly meetings to attend to say the least. I do also work 40/week at the former K-25 plant so that takes some time, but that is in Oak Ridge. As Profro mentioned there is a little downhill, single line, dirt jump, into a pump track project in an on going state here at my place, so that's something to do. I about left out I have a wife and 5 and 4 year old girls that contribute many "things to do" for me, as it appears you maybe aware of also.
I'm also 15 minutes from Bigfoot, 10 from the base of Windrock, 10 to Oak Ridge, and about 25 to Knoxville, without having to put up with the traffic/expense/hassel of living either place. I like it, I'm home.

Don't get me wrong I have done plenty of "drinkin' and shootin' " and a whole lot more on top of Windrock way before anybody was riding anything on it or down it. This was during the period between mining and recreation on the mountain. You only went up there for a few reasons, 2 being the ones you named. I should go now, I've rambled on and the fuzzy memories are coming back way to fast.
Later.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
CHepler said:
Speaking for myself, having a good sized place here, there is always something to mow or weed eat not including the 3 acres at another residence I take care of this time of the year. If any of you guys come in from Oak Ridge to "The Rock" then you pass by the family business that I help keep going, so that's something to do. Oh yeah I am also a twice elected city official here in our little town of 3300 serving on no less than 3 different city boards and 1 county, so there are monthly meetings to attend to say the least. I do also work 40/week at the former K-25 plant so that takes some time, but that is in Oak Ridge. As Profro mentioned there is a little downhill, single line, dirt jump, into a pump track project in an on going state here at my place, so that's something to do. I about left out I have a wife and 5 and 4 year old girls that contribute many "things to do" for me, as it appears you maybe aware of also.
I'm also 15 minutes from Bigfoot, 10 from the base of Windrock, 10 to Oak Ridge, and about 25 to Knoxville, without having to put up with the traffic/expense/hassel of living either place. I like it, I'm home.

Don't get me wrong I have done plenty of "drinkin' and shootin' " and a whole lot more on top of Windrock way before anybody was riding anything on it or down it. This was during the period between mining and recreation on the mountain. You only went up there for a few reasons, 2 being the ones you named. I should go now, I've rambled on and the fuzzy memories are coming back way to fast.
Later.
Chris, the jumps was in such good shape lastnight. I'm going out there tomorrow. You should join me.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
chris,
the city of oliver springs is lucky to have you on board.

in the six years i've been building trails up there. i've been fortunate enough to meet some damn good people from around there.
nowdays people tend to fall into the trap of stereotyping others because of their economic status, educational level, region where they live, etc...

we all do it.

but the folks that i've really gotten to know from around there, would go and do anything within their power to "help a brother out."

that's where it's at.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So what's the deal. I'm guessing no riding went on this weekend up there. When is the date for the next monster ride? I'm looking at around the 1st or 2nd weekend in May. Just before Massanutten. :)

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Wow, what a weekend. Even with the crazy weather, we had some great riding. The trails were in great shape. The new trails were awesome.

A big thanks goes out to Joey and the other locals that hosted our group down there. I'll post up more later.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
FOKK! I knew I should have not listened to that bunch of pansy posting on the other pages. JOEY! PM me your phone so this doesn't happen again. I didn't come Saturday b/c I read all the pansy posts...

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
bizutch said:
FOKK! I knew I should have not listened to that bunch of pansy posting on the other pages. JOEY! PM me your phone so this doesn't happen again. I didn't come Saturday b/c I read all the pansy posts...
Saturday was a mud bog. So you actually did not miss much. Jeff and I drove up Sat night rode Sunday and today. Just four of us out there today. Was strange being there without ATV's running all over the place but also nice cause you did not have to concern yourselves too much with the road crossings.

Apr 10, 2006
East TN
Props To Joey And The Boys, Rode Up There For The First Time This Year, Even After The Storm We Had The Trails Were Gr8. Brian, You Have Done An Awesome Job On The New Freeride Section. By The Way, The Foot Isn't Broke, Maybe A Hairline Fracture, My Doctor Says I Need A New Hobby, I Say I Need A New Doctor. Ya'll Keep Up The Good Work. See Ya Soon.