Quantcast

If you are thinking of getting a Ridemonkey shirt

tonygiant

Chimp
Jun 11, 2005
It took me two months to get mine. I ordered in September and received in November.

I seriously thought it was never going to come in. They mail it in a regular paper envelope. Nothing special. But, the shirt is of high quality and doesnt shrink.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
LordOpie said:
that's so messed up.

You know darn well if anyone else conducted business like this, the whole monkey would be up in arms yelling scam.

Bad business.

Since this has happened to multiple people, I think a community wide explanation is in order... instead of deleting threads/posts and ignoring the problem

Pretty much.

I thought about ordering one, but now I am not sure if I should even bother....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
LordOpie said:
You know darn well if anyone else conducted business like this, the whole monkey would be up in arms yelling scam.
<snip>
Since this has happened to multiple people, I think a community wide explanation is in order... instead of deleting threads/posts and ignoring the problem
I have to agree... I mean, I understand s**t happens sometimes but it seems ridiculous that only a select few have been responded to about the problem.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah, I think disputing charges is the only way anyones gonna get anything out of this. One guy getting bombed by 40 people wanting something they already paid for...sounds Karpiely on a much smaller scale :p

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ridemonkey said:
For the last time, if you have not received a shirt, please email me at adam at thodyconsulting.com.

I have explained this countless times, but there was an issue with the printer, and several of the shirts did not get sent out. Those who have not received shirts will receive a refund if they email me at adam at thodyconsulting.com and specify the email address used to make their paypal payment.

I apologize again for the mix up with the printer, but I can't issue a refund unless you contact me, and give me your email address. Posting here does no good, because I need your email address.

I'm closing this thread as it's getting redundant. If you have any further questions, email or PM me.
:stupid:

for those short on reading comprehension, EMAIL adam at the address above.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Toshi said:
for those short on reading comprehension, EMAIL adam at the address above.
Being short on reading comprehension has nothing to do with it. Why isn't there a sticky in the Lounge, where most people look? And if there's a problem, why haven't people gotten their PMs and emails responded to, even if they didn't send them to the right address?

I know, I know, people are busy as hell. Busy busy busy. Don't want to check multiple email addresses, don't want to respond through PMs. But when you have people's money, you've got an obligation to them. Even if it's only twenty-something bucks for a t-shirt.

edit: not trying to come across as unreasonable, it just leaves a bitter taste in people's mouths when they've tried to contact the person who has their money and get nothing in response.

J

JRB

I think this is going to end up with a really mad head monkey before it is done. Not that he is right or wrong, but seeing past trends with confrontations, I am just saying.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Anyone who FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS recieved either a shirt or a refund.

The asshat who made this thread sent a bunch of PM's but didn't provide his paypal address and therefore RM had no way of providing the refund.

Try emailing a bunch of people saying you want your money back, but not giving them any information about who you are or how to send the money to you, and see how it goes.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
loco said:
I think this is going to end up with a really mad head monkey before it is done. Not that he is right or wrong, but seeing past trends with confrontations, I am just saying.
Meh. I sincerely appreciate all the work that goes into this site, and I hope that's evidenced by the fact that the minute there was a formal method set up for obtaining a membership, I bought one.

I guess I just know how I would have handled (and have handled) a similar situation, and it involves going way out of my way to make sure proper communication happened to resolve the situation.

No disrespect meant, nor am I being ungrateful for what is a great free resource here. :thumb:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
binary visions said:
Being short on reading comprehension has nothing to do with it.
actually, it has everything to do with it. as Echo noted it is not possible to refund money without the proper information, and the text-of-which-there-has-been-little-comprehension outlined explicitly how to provide that information.

and fwiw i've bought three ridemonkey shirts over the years and have no complaints there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's fine. I'm not going to turn this into an arguement. Guess a lot of people just don't think like me.

From my perspective, it wasn't the customer's fault the order got screwed up - and even if it wasn't Adam's fault either, he's the one to shoulder the responsibility. Asshat who provides inadequate information or not, had a response been sent that said, "I'm sorry, there was a problem with the order. Please provide me with your email address and I'll credit you with a refund immediately", there wouldn't be a thread here now. And clearly, he's not the only one who hasn't been communicated with.

I'm done, it's just a different way of looking at business.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
why was anyone CHARGED for a product that wasn't ready to be shipped?

You don't charge for items on backorder.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
binary visions said:
Why isn't there a sticky in the Lounge, where most people look?
I agree. There should be a sticky - a mod can have his own personal buy and sell sticky, but no t-shirt sticky? wack.

In any case, I just want my t-shirt. I don't want a refund. I want a t-shirt.

I explained this to RM in my email to the above address and got no response.

T-shirt.
No refund.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
johnbryanpeters said:
:nopity: Time to stop complaining.

If you make life miserable enough for RM and others who bust ass to provide goodies, there won't be shirts, stickers, or anything else in the future.

Read the instructions, use pm and give up the protest marches. :rolleyes:
For some reason I was under the impression that there was going to be another 'run' of shirts within a few months from a new printer and I was content with waiting for that. I lost the email he sent me as I've since switched jobs, but it sounded like that was going to be the case.