Quantcast

if youre in college or dont work. read this

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
what's up. im home in LA for 4 weeks for xmas break and want to ride everyday and im free to ride anyday of the week at any time pretty much. so if you want to ride. post here. as long as its not too far, or if its really worth the drive ill drive out. otherwise staying somewhere relatively close to LA will be doable at short notice.
-mario

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
rocky peak? is that out by woolsey? im down to go. call me 818-339-7150. is it a dh bike trail or short travel? the chainguide on my dh is messed up sorta
-mario

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
whats up brian. haha the chainguide is still giving me trouble! so tomorrow, i might not be able to make it to kenter b/c im going to chumba wumba to get some parts. im planning on leaving here for anahiem around 11.

what time are you planning to ride?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm gonna be in Colorado until about the first of the year and then I will be back and free to play as well. We should meet up in Kenter for sure at least, and possibly hit some other trails and jumps. I really want to go explore around socal and see at least what other jumps there are around.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Li'l Dave said:
I'm gonna be in Colorado until about the first of the year
that's cutting it close. i start school jan 3rd. but i defintely want to ride with you, we've been postponing it too long. heh.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Well I'll be back by the time you start making your way up to SLO, you could always make a stop in SB and come ride for a day. I'm trying to get back earlier, but we'll just to have to see.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
im planning on riding at sycamore bmx tomorrow for practice. ill be there at 6:30. practice ends at 9:30 i believe. so if anyone is down, ill see you there

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
Mario What's up

Are you ready for round 2 Rocky Peak? :D

Me and a buddy are going to do a warm up run down Humming bird then hit the other trail starting around 11:30 or so tomorrow.

Let me know if you're up for it.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
man i was looking forward to riding rocky peak again, i got my chainguide put on yesterday. but.....yesterday at the bmx track i separated my shoulder and tore two ligaments jumping the rhythm. so no biking for me for 6 weeks. there goes my xmas break full of riding.

btw. at the track last night i met 2 of the guys who built rocky peak. they said theyre riding saturday between 8-9

i am bummed
-mario

redical

Monkey
May 19, 2004
That sucks Mario! You have just been plagued with injuries. Did you try jumping the rhythm like I did?

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
bfranke said:
Man that sucks :dead: I was just going to see what was happening for this weekend.

Anyone else riding?
ya i was looking forward to riding kenter this weekend. try to get a hold of Alloy and ride rocky peak with him. you will like it for sure. its youre kind or riding w/ lots of big jumps for DH bikes

redical said:
That sucks Mario! You have just been plagued with injuries. Did you try jumping the rhythm like I did?
ya well i was doing it fine. doubling every double in it continuously. but the last time i was going way too fast and i really over shot the table and sorta got air off the roller after it. then when i landed i was immediately thrown in the air on the step up and i did a massive endo and flipped over and landed on my head and shoulder. i got a little concussion too.

Alloy

Monkey
Aug 13, 2004
thousand oaks, ca
marlopez said:
man i was looking forward to riding rocky peak again, i got my chainguide put on yesterday. but.....yesterday at the bmx track i separated my shoulder and tore two ligaments jumping the rhythm. so no biking for me for 6 weeks. there goes my xmas break full of riding.

btw. at the track last night i met 2 of the guys who built rocky peak. they said theyre riding saturday between 8-9

i am bummed
-mario
That sucks Mario, I'm sorry to hear you're back on the injured list.

On the plus side when your back in riding shape we should have some more good trails for you. So far I've heard talk of 2 more DH runs in the works, It should be pretty cool.

Heal up fast

Mark

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
Alloy said:
That sucks Mario, I'm sorry to hear you're back on the injured list.

On the plus side when your back in riding shape we should have some more good trails for you. So far I've heard talk of 2 more DH runs in the works, It should be pretty cool.

Heal up fast

Mark
thanks. i heard about the new runs too.
-mario

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
bfranke said:
Mario, you still haven't fixed that chain guide :confused: School must be keeping you busy. I'll be at Kenter tomorrow, Tuesday, afternoon. Let me know if you can make it.
whats up with the small pics brian?...

Email some of what you've been riding up there.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
SDminitrucker said:
i thought i had to be a racer and some **** to be a wheelman
nah you dont have to. its cool to just meet people through the club. but once you join you might want to race b/c its fun and collegiate is really laid back theres no pressure.