Quantcast

Igus bushing?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
So that old clapped out Zumbi that my buddy bought needs new mounting hardware. The Marzoocchi Moto CR2 shock has DU bushings in it. Can the igus bushings replace the DU's? Are they the same diameter and 1/2" long? The Lost Co. seems to have a lot of hardware that should work. Thanks.

Last edited:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
When you say IGUS do you mean the the plastic top hat style that Fox uses now? They'll work but you'll need a new set of mounting hardware because they protrude further for the oring recess. If you have a lathe you could take the requisite few mm off the spacers to make it work.

Or just get new DU bushes. They're an 0808 DU, which any bearing store should sell or you can probably get them online.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You can press out the DU bushes and replace them with the FOX style 5 piece setup, or you can replace the DUs and keep riding.

IMO the DUs take a long time to wear out and work OK, but the FOX bushings are a bit slicker and so much easier to play with.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Thanks. This bike is kinda f'ed up. The a-hole that sold it to the guy he bought it from kinda threw it together using a mess of parts. The rear shock hardware has play in it. One of the spacers was ground down to make it fit, the other was not, so the shock is crooked. All new hardware is what we're looking for. Hence whether or not the DU's can be replaced. I found some new mounting hardware online. But I wasn't sure if it came with the Igus stuff, the DU stuff or none of it at all and you get to choose. Thanks again.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
When you say IGUS do you mean the the plastic top hat style that Fox uses now? They'll work but you'll need a new set of mounting hardware because they protrude further for the oring recess. If you have a lathe you could take the requisite few mm off the spacers to make it work.

Or just get new DU bushes. They're an 0808 DU, which any bearing store should sell or you can probably get them online.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks. This bike is kinda f'ed up. The a-hole that sold it to the guy he bought it from kinda threw it together using a mess of parts. The rear shock hardware has play in it. One of the spacers was ground down to make it fit, the other was not, so the shock is crooked. All new hardware is what we're looking for. Hence whether or not the DU's can be replaced. I found some new mounting hardware online. But I wasn't sure if it came with the Igus stuff, the DU stuff or none of it at all and you get to choose. Thanks again.
My attitude would be to grab the fox bushings with fox spacers and fox shock pins.

I can't remember whether the shock width is compensated for in the total measurement or not, but I think you need to measure the width of the mount and the diameter of your actual pin and get what you need.