Quantcast

IH Sunday frame sizing ?

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
Looking @ a large 19" IH Sunday frameset . What height rider would this best suit ? I am 6"4" ? Thanx

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
Not that I would even consider a 17", the question is geared toward the 19" IH frame suited for someone @ my height - if not I can look into other frames . Thanx

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I'm 6'4" and have riden a 19" for a year and thought it was great. This year I'm giving a 17" a try because I rode one and it felt awesome. So if you like a small bike then the 17" is an option otherwise 19" is perfect. Just wondering if anyone else who is voicing there opinions on sizing has ever ridden a Sunday extensively?

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
MOTODH said:
Defintly a large, Im 5 10 on a 19 inch

and loving it:love:

Now see this is what concerns me - 5'10" and rides a 19". I know bikes can span rider heights and each rider has preferances but I have let fellow riders (under 6') ride my XL Bullit and they throw a leg over the bike and say "Too big give me my bike back".

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
keen said:
Now see this is what concerns me - 5'10" and rides a 19". I know bikes can span rider heights and each rider has preferances but I have let fellow riders (under 6') ride my XL Bullit and they throw a leg over the bike and say "Too big give me my bike back".
Well likes big bikes. He is a MotoX rider so bigger is more natural to him.

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
ThePriceSeliger said:
Well likes big bikes. He is a MotoX rider so bigger is more natural to him.

thanks for clearing that up Price, I should have included that
riding style and preference plays a large role in size

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
MOTODH said:
thanks for clearing that up Price, I should have included that
riding style and preference plays a large role in size

I rode MX a number of years ago and never thought anything of sizing - 125, 250 , 500 all felt the same (except for weight). Bikes were another story. I purchased a standard sized Mountain Cycle San Andreas because I was told it would cover anyone 5'10" - 6'4" - ya right I felt like I was on a mini bike.