Quantcast

Illustrator CS --> PDF Batch/Action Routine

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Need to do this to about a zillion AI CS files. Seems to me there is an easy way to do this with actions, yet I have zero experience with actions. I am willing to learn. Any insight would be great.:help:

Thanks!

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Try this.

Open ALL your .ai files in Illustrator –> File –> Scripts –> Save open documents as PDFs –> choose folder or create new folder.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
hmm, i just ran a test am im only getting one of the 4 documents i had open as a pdf. lemme try in CS2 and see if the script is worded different or fixed.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Alright, by following the instructions i listed above in CS2, Illustrator automatically saved-as pdf files. For some reason, there is a problem with the script in CS.

If your CS script does not work, shoot me a pm and i'll dig and try to find you the CS2 script and email it to you.

joel

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
stinkyboy said:
I think you can drag them onto you Acrobat icon as well.
that's true too. If you drag all your illustrator files onto the acrobat distiller icon, (choose your profile) then Distiller will generate a pdf and place the pdf into that same folder as the .ai files. then just sort that window by "type" and grab all your pdfs.

joel

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Jimmy_Pop said:
that's true too. If you drag all your illustrator files onto the acrobat distiller icon, (choose your profile) then Distiller will generate a pdf and place the pdf into that same folder as the .ai files. then just sort that window by "type" and grab all your pdfs.

joel
:thumb: