Quantcast

I'm an athlete

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
But their fit very suddenly went from a fitted athletic cut to baggy...
That's probably thanks to all of the Central PA Karens squeezing themselves in to their yoga pants ("I've been a size 2 since high school") then stopping by our local outlet, with triple caramel, whole milk, frappawhatever, with whipped cream in hand and complaining about how the prices don't seem like outlet prices. You can't stop the Karens, but you can lessen the eye pain.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
You can't stop the Karens, but you can lessen the eye pain.
Vanity sizing.

I'm just not used to it affecting my clothes as much. It's a common problem for Jenn.

I knew I had a picture somewhere... these are the exact same style/model shirt and shorts that she used to wear daily. She tried on different colors and even went to different stores. The shorts had inches of extra space in the waist, and the shirt looks like a bag. These were extra small. Extra small. From a company whose target audience is, in theory, athletes who will tend to be smaller than the average population. WTF.

1613071681444.png

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
one thing i will mention, i've noticed sizing on american brands runs larger than non US brands. I have some endura (edit: UK based company) riding apparel (pants, shorts, jersey), and i always have to size up for it to fit properly.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Vanity sizing.

I'm just not used to it affecting my clothes as much. It's a common problem for Jenn.

I knew I had a picture somewhere... these are the exact same style/model shirt and shorts that she used to wear daily. She tried on different colors and even went to different stores. The shorts had inches of extra space in the waist, and the shirt looks like a bag. These were extra small. Extra small. From a company whose target audience is, in theory, athletes who will tend to be smaller than the average population. WTF.

View attachment 156403
That shit is real! I used to wear 35 pants, which is supposed to be a measurement of your waist size. Those size 35s measured anywhere from 37.5" in circumference to 35". It was bananas. I'm slimmer these days and sizing is somewhat more consistent in my more average 32... but still- I get a variety in size "L" or whatever, but not when the measurement is a literal number.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Was it ever good? It popularized base layers that pretty much everyone serious with outside stuff already knew about. Base layers that fit as closely as possible are the warmest IME, it doesn't matter who makes the stuff. All their stuff has been around a long time before they came along.
It was always worn by douche-bags in movies so I only bought it when it was over half off, even then I only bought shoes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Vanity sizing.

View attachment 156403

Not gear for athletes, athletic gear for the general public. A lot more people need a good wicking fabric for the meat sweats than a brisk running pace.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not gear for athletes, athletic gear for the general public. A lot more people need a good wicking fabric for the meat sweats than a brisk running pace.
As a fat jiggly man, a few hours of trail building in the rain used to tear my nurples a new one, cotton and merino suck.