Quantcast

I'm bored so here's a pic of some kid about to hurt himself.

AN6 Freerider

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
socal
man the first pic of the kid going off the box man thats going to sting unless he ditches that bike.. the second pic newb tryn to look cool to much speed problably over shot the landing and had to much weight on the front. and the pic of the asain dude falling is funny as hell, only cause i was in japan last year and saw them riding a bike in the rain with and umbrella either smoking a cig or talking on the phone all at the same time.. glad to see someone eat $hit like that... pretty funny...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
OGRipper said:
Come on, lighten up man. Crashing is sometimes funny as hell - haven't you ever picked yourself up from a crash laughing hysterically? Those pics are funny to me partly because I've been there. Plus I don't think I know any of those guys and it's easy to think they e-exist purely for our entertainment.

And that first one is intentional, it's a new variation on the superman called a Wonder Woman. :blah:

Whatever you want to believe.

The only ethical time to laugh at a crash is, if you are there and the guy that crashed is laughing. And only AFTER he begins to laugh. period.

Anyone here with me?

I got an A in Medical Ethical Debate in college a long time ago. :);)

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
I don't know what you guys are talking about. That first pic is the most stylish no footer i have ever seen. That second guy isn't a newb, he is clearly going for the front flip and just didn't have quite the speed. These guys are freeking good. :p

Dufault01

Chimp
Nov 10, 2005
If somebody crashes and sacks himself Im going to laugh. Im not going to think about if its ok to laugh or if someone is going to get offended if I laugh. You need to loosen up and get the stick out of your ass. They were all funny pictures. Way to suck the life out of a funny thread.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country

Thats my friend. I rode up the pallet to the bench alot slower than he was goi ng behind me. This is the outcome. He and his bike really ended up like this.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
OGRipper said:
Come on, lighten up man. Crashing is sometimes funny as hell - haven't you ever picked yourself up from a crash laughing hysterically? Those pics are funny to me partly because I've been there. Plus I don't think I know any of those guys and it's easy to think they e-exist purely for our entertainment.

And that first one is intentional, it's a new variation on the superman called a Wonder Woman. :blah:
Agreed. I laugh because I can see myself doing the exact same thing.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Kanter said:
This is one statement that is uncalled for.

A good laugh...... hmmmmmm
Don't worry, I got mine today when I was sprinting and my chain fell off, leaving me sitting on my toptube for a solid 50 feet.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
wingman24 said:
You guys are all sick, have you no compassion? none of these pics are funny, all the bikes in those pics belong to some one who loves them, and they are getting scatched and damaged, come on people think of the bikes, those poor bikes.[/QUOTE
i always take excellent care of my bikes, except while i'm riding them.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That is such a good picture of you grabing the tree.

Here is another of me. I don't know why its fuzzy, its perefectly sharp on my computer.

The first time doing this, I went down on my back wheel and my bike bounced, then my feet came out/down like a super man, and I fell. I have no idea what casued me to bounce.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Laugh all ya like.

I still dont think crash pics are funny.

What if you laughed at a pic only to find out the guy had died minutes after the crash. Would you still laugh at the picture?

What if it was a 9 yo learning to do his first drop and got paralyzed for the rest of his life?

I think its funny if you know the guy was alright after the crash but if you dont know the outcome its just morbid to laugh at a crash.

Laugh all ya like. Someday you might grow up and think before you actually make such crazy comments.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
well its kinda okay if you post your own crash pics. and jeremy that line is ridiculous. me and my crew went up there and holly **** your a brave man just for trying that thing. kanter it will be okay dude i dont think anybody would post anything if they knew the guy would be getting seriously injured cause this would be a respect thread not a laughing thread.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Kanter said:
Laugh all ya like.

I still dont think crash pics are funny.
crashes can still be funny even if the outcomes are not. And havent you heard something called dark humour? It's what people do to stop overthinking and making themselves miserable over every bad thing thats happened in the world.

and of course it helps to be a Darwinist.....

:nopity:

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
the only times i ever get scared of watching a crash is when i am there in person and the guy does something big and you can see the crash coming.

THAT JAPANESE DUDE..........CANT RIDE. that is funny(just for you kanter:) )

kanter, i love you man, your F****** funny. The morality police and everything, thats awesome. If you thought these pictures are funny your a very bad monkey:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: . Jack Ass is A terable show and you shouln't watch that sort of thing la la la la la la la la . Sorry father joe I didn't mean it, bless all the pigmys in africa.

:nuts:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
sirknight6 said:
How's this for Urban?

Bwhahahahahahhahahaha,
I wonder if the umbrella slowed down his fall.

These are great, crashing is a part of mountain biking.

The definition of comedy is someone else falling down a flight of stairs,
the definition of tragedy is me having a hangnail.:)

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
frznnomad said:
well its kinda okay if you post your own crash pics. and jeremy that line is ridiculous. me and my crew went up there and holly **** your a brave man just for trying that thing. kanter it will be okay dude i dont think anybody would post anything if they knew the guy would be getting seriously injured cause this would be a respect thread not a laughing thread.
Ha, the sketchiest thing about line is the exit.
There is not one. If you ever hit it, Drop straight off the center.
One time, I rolled it on the far left and bounced my way down it.
I had poop in my socks at the bottom. :p
I

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Anyways guess i will add My own tidbit to this....Some people are allowed to laugh at stuff like this some are not.... i Am allowed to cause i Laugh at myself when i do something like that.... Example of Big bear on West Rdige in the trees towards the bottom.
Yalll know it that Crazy steep right turn were you swing a Crazy ass high speed Left hand Banking turn?.... Yeah Just imagine this <And i So wish i had pictures> Days is Half over and your starting to get tired, You have your Older Bro on your ass and Kinda forget the Drop/slide/ turn is coming up and you hit it full speed..... Yeah Can we say Blowing throught e Burmn at FUll Speed? and Explosion of Dirt.....Anywho i Was already laughing at myself on that!!. That is why so many laugh at stuff like this .... Cause we ourselves have been in situations like that.... And no i would not laught at a Picture were someone was seriously hurt.,.... Side Note My Bro wants to set up . Well for lack of a better word a Photoshoot were a Bunch of us are gonna work Different sections.... After words i am sure i will have a few of me Splatting and i promise if we get a Coupl good splatters of me i will Post them and expect to see teh laughs

J

JRB

sirknight6 said:
Gee if it wasn't funny, why was it posted? just curious... :)
Judging by the amount of threads I think are funny, and they are deleted, or criticized, posting threads doesn't make them funny. I wish it did.

Super-man

Chimp
Jun 20, 2005
Orem, UT
Some people just thrive off of controversy and debate. Can't we just enjoy a thread that is actually funny and by no ways intentionally malicious?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Jeremy R said:
Ha, the sketchiest thing about line is the exit.
There is not one. If you ever hit it, Drop straight off the center.
One time, I rolled it on the far left and bounced my way down it.
I had poop in my socks at the bottom. :p
I
Yeah, the drop is nothing. Like Jeremy said its the fact that you just end up in a tangled mess of mountain laurel. I some how hope its in the DH national course this coming year.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh that would be crazy i might acctually work up the balls to hit it when we head up there to session it. that would deffinatly be a great edition to the course to with the big rock face to ride as well. ohh yeh jeremy butch good job on that run by the way deffinatly worth the extra time to get up there and hit it.

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
There is nothing as funny as the folly of others. I laughed out loud at most of those flicks!

Laughing is a natural human response to even truly nasty situations...my Tibetan coworker had to unlearn his cultural tradition of laughing at every mishhap no matter how ghastly when an American told him he was being callous, etc. That how they (and we) deal sometimes.

I think it's prefectly lovely to laugh at crash shots...I've provided many to people myself...I *have noticed that most people dont laugh when it's happening at a race, etc if it looks like it had the potential for real harm.

Pictures are fair game, imo.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
loco said:
Judging by the amount of threads I think are funny, and they are deleted, or criticized, posting threads doesn't make them funny. I wish it did.
deep man.......deep...... I meant on the internet as a whole...:rolleyes:

:p :D

LOL!!!