Quantcast

I'm finally at UW...who wants to shred?!

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I'll be there tomorrow. I probably won't have my P1 until sunday. Lets shred this week?

What dorm are you in?

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
Sweet. Well yeah we'll definitely ride when you get your bike up here. Do you know if there are any skateparks or dirtjumps around UW besides greenlake? Or is greenlake even open still?

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I just drove by Woodland Park the other day, and I wasn't really paying attention, but I'm positive I saw the jumps still there. I hear they're completely legal, so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, if you haven't ever explored the wooded area above the dirt jumps, there are some drops and (kinda small) natural jumps in up in the wooded area. Nothing huge, but still fun to mess around on. I haven't ridden there for quite a while, though, so it could have changed.

By the way, I'm across town at SPU, and I'm always up for some riding.

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
i just got back from whistler, i think i might go ride some park or street tomarrow, let me know if your down

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
was just at greenlake two days ago, they could use some love but the whole main line is doable and pretty fun. the street on campus is amazing too. let me know when you guys will be out and about and I may come join in the fun.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
So I hit up the Greenlake jumps today. I hadn't been there for about 7 years, but they're pretty much the same, only not nearly as intimidating haha. Some of them definitely could use a little work, but they're decent. After riding for about an hour and a half and getting the whole main line a few times I decided to quit while I was ahead, since I'd had a few close calls on a jump with a bad kicker lip. Good day though!

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
is the one with the bad lip the second gapper (fourth jump overall)? we tried to carve out the center so it was a bit more rideable but they all really just need some more material to do them up right.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
is the one with the bad lip the second gapper (fourth jump overall)? we tried to carve out the center so it was a bit more rideable but they all really just need some more material to do them up right.
yeah that's the one. it was weird though because I was doing it fine at first, and then I just had this scary streak when I kept getting bucked.

AlexB

Chimp
Aug 3, 2007
I've got my P.2 that I was just shredding on earlier. I live up on 56th and 16th and would love to shred.

How'd you break your 40 Nate?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
was just at greenlake two days ago, they could use some love but the whole main line is doable and pretty fun. the street on campus is amazing too. let me know when you guys will be out and about and I may come join in the fun.
DUDE!

where was I during all this!?

NateH

Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
I've got my P.2 that I was just shredding on earlier. I live up on 56th and 16th and would love to shred.

How'd you break your 40 Nate?
Hit a corner going pretty good in a drift and my front wheel caught a hole. It put a crazy load on it and the arch broke, any fork would have failed. Fox is sorting me out real quick so i'll be on it again soon.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
the parents are bringing the P1 today... might do some riding after freshman kickoff.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
parents ended up not bringing the bike today, but I'll have it by tomorrow. Ready to ride.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
what were you going to ride? your broken bighit?
it hasnt been broken for almost 2 weeks now.
I told you that last week.

EDIT: Well actually after going threw my bike today at the shop...ALOT is broken...hah. My pedals, fork, cassette, chain, and chain ring...but it still rides, so w/e.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I live in Greenwood, really close to Green Lake. I recently started riding again. I'm at Green Lake almost every evening. I don't have any friends who are into riding, so let me know if you want to hit the dirt jumps.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
you dont have a bike you could ride anything on (unless you have your TOP built up already), but if you'll throw down some gas $ and i don't have to drive all the way to your house to get you then its on bro.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well I dont have my TOP built, or even purchased yet...I cant by **** till my boss OK's it (ugghhhhhh). But the stuff there cant be THAT bad on my bighit? And even if it is...it would be cool to take some photographicas and what not...who else you going with?

And I can put some money in for gas and probly get to you to get down there, but I'd need a ride back to my place...up to you I guess?

Edit: Blah...my mom just blew that idea up. Never mind.